Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homer fan

As far as the 50th anniversary celebration, will it begin after October 1st 2021 or will it begin earlier in the year?

CalebS

There might be one more. But don't hold your breath for it to be exciting.
Expect more studios and EPCOT things to open after the 50th and be announced either at this coming d23 or (more likely) the next d23 (or as part of the 50th Anniversary promotion blitz).
Don't expect any huge Animal Kingdom or Magic Kingdom things for a decade at least.
(You ask, "why not before?" Well, because TDO is lazy and cheap.)
Gotcha. Do you think that they will follow through with the refurbs/enhancements of older rides before the 50th or do you think that will that fall through also

Magic Feather

There might be one more. But don't hold your breath for it to be exciting.
Expect more studios and EPCOT things to open after the 50th and be announced either at this coming d23 or (more likely) the next d23 (or as part of the 50th Anniversary promotion blitz).
Don't expect any huge Animal Kingdom or Magic Kingdom things for a decade at least.
(You ask, "why not before?" Well, because TDO is lazy and cheap.)

Color Coded for Accuracy (From My Knowledge, which is far from everything)
Purple denotes subjective

bcoachable

Can we clarify what makes anyone an “insider”?
Like, would I be an insider if I had access to the Hub? Or if I drove a bus, does that get me to n the club???
I for one like to hear all insiders info- so maybe we should have them use a different font or something to help us wannabes know who is legit and who is an armchair insider...
(Just trying to add humor to the tense holiday crowd driven posts :). )

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Like, would I be an insider if I had access to the Hub? Or if I drove a bus, does that get me to n the club???
I for one like to hear all insiders info- so maybe we should have them use a different font or something to help us wannabes know who is legit and who is an armchair insider...

Well, while a CM may know about something what's about to go down concerning the operations of the area of WDW in which they work, that's the extent of what they know. Higher ups don't broadcast plans or blue sky concepts with all employees.

And when they're an ex-cast member, they wind up knowing less and less even though they may have a few friends left working at WDW.

And if they refuse to go to WDW unless as a freebie, it's pretty clear that not only are they not an insider, but they're just here as a grudge and everything they say needs to be filtered through that grudge.

yensidtlaw1969

I say this with no horse in this race — generally what makes you an “insider” is a proven track record of reporting on rumors that come true with some regularity.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I have a suspicion that what may be the plans now is unlikely to be what actually happens in the next decade. Investments in the studios/Epcot? Yes, they probably will happen because they have no choice - DHS is about to be overrun, and Epcot is treading water. But two things I think will dictate the next decade of park development:.

1. The management team is likely to look very different in a few years, with Bob Iger retiring. So new people will be in place to start making decisions.
  2. I don't think anyone has started to grasp the magnitude of what Galaxy's Edge will bring to the parks - not just DHS. Magic Kingdom is already bursting at the seams. I think in 2-3 years they are going to have to reassess and plan for massive expansion of all 4 parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom