Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSoxNo1

IMO, moving IASW would be a waste of money. Improve the facade so it's not a tacky tent and voila. The attraction is great and just needs a refurb, no changes needed.
The motivation would be to access a much larger area of Fantasyland. You could remove it's a small world and put in 3 major attractions that would more than double guest throughput on the same footprint.

This is also a very congested area of the park that can be opened up like the 2012 Fantasyland expansion.

EricsBiscuit

The motivation would be to access a much larger area of Fantasyland. You could remove it's a small world and put in 3 major attractions that would more than double guest throughput on the same footprint.

This is also a very congested area of the park that can be opened up like the 2012 Fantasyland expansion.
I don't know if that would be necessary. There's a pathway (albeit small) b/w restrooms and IASW.

donsullivan

Premium Member

Does anyone know what the safety perimeter is around the north pyro launch location? Given that things like the railroad need to shut down for fireworks, I wonder how far back they could go before there would be a safety issue similar to blocking off the area around the back of Cinderella Castle before and during Happily Ever After each night.

OSX

Said no one ever!
50508193-EC35-4E52-B625-4EBD43D79525.jpeg

yensidtlaw1969

The same could be said for nearly anything -- the gain of moving Small World is not worth the cost. Fantasyland has other expansion pads. The worst thing about it is the Small World/Pan bottle neck, and even that has been alleviated in recent years with the extended Pan queue and the new path to Liberty Square through the old Skyway footprint.

Count me in as one of those people who's so ready to never hear anyone talk about moving Small World again. I'm amazed at how much discussion the idea gets on these boards given that it's never going to happen.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Does anyone know what the safety perimeter is around the north pyro launch location? Given that things like the railroad need to shut down for fireworks, I wonder how far back they could go before there would be a safety issue similar to blocking off the area around the back of Cinderella Castle before and during Happily Ever After each night.

Check out the link in my sig below for an armchair amphitheater idea. It maps out how close things are to the fireworks launch.

While moving IaSW is a very long shot, there are some reasons why it could possibly happen:
1. Providing access to a large swath of expansion territory north of HM and RoA giving the park more breathing space and more attraction capacity.​
2. Reduction in that choke point.​
3. IaSW becomes in need of an extensive refurb such that it pretty much needs to be rebuilt. If they're going to rebuild it... rebuild it and upgrade it somewhere else.​
4. IaSW gets continuing poorer and poorer guest satisfaction scores as it becomes more and more outdated (and people become more and more offended at the non-PC depictions of a lot of the world cultures) and the earworm of a score becomes more and more derided.​

jt04

Everything can be indoors or covered. Something like Pirates, Alice in Tokyo, and Tokyo Disneyland main street are possibilities.

MK 2.0 after the 50th and Epcots 40th seems likely to me. If not a 5th gate might become a necessity. IMO.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Like a new nighttime parade lol. I feel those plans are not solid... and if they are, what is it exactly MK will be getting. Hopefully a actual “light parade” and not some new concept like a street party, projection show type thing. I would hope WDW wouldn’t pull a “Light Magic” on us but it wouldn’t surprise me. We have to remember a “Nighttime Parade” and a “Light Parade” are two different things in some people’s minds.

I think TDO will combine the best of all worlds for the new parade - A dancing-in-the-street cupcake projection party. With lights!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I thought we would end up getting a couple maybe 2-3 more rides (unannounced) resort wide for the 50th but time is running out for that due to slow construction. Fairly disappointing considering how unequipped the parks are currently to handle the massive crowds coming

What's been announced is what we get as far as attraction builds go. Still hoping for an announcement for a new MK nighttime parade that meets or exceeds SpectoMagic, but I'm not holding my breath that it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom