Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocabear

Actuallt the guy who's mother hated it so much said she went eveery year....so one time there was a castle cake and she decided she hated Disney forever? Just seems a little extreme... and while I prefer the classic castle it was an outrageous fun thing to do for a promotion...
I know about the whole once in a lifetime visitor, but there were trips I have taken abroad and found landmarks under scaffolds for cleaning...Did it ruin my trip to Paris? no.. a little disappointed I could not get that oarticular shot for a second and moved on...

TTA94

So just curious, when MK does get this rumored nighttime parade, will they have to build a brand new backstage parade building for it as well? If it will be a high tech parade like Paint The Night I would imagine there will be special backstage storage requirements?

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
So just curious, when MK does get this rumored nighttime parade, will they have to build a brand new backstage parade building for it as well? If it will be a high tech parade like Paint The Night I would imagine there will be special backstage storage requirements?
It’d most likely go into the building DEP used to be in. And the seasonal floats would move to another wearhouse outside of the MK. That’s how it used to be.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

They could just throw up a tent for it...

Walter Elias Disney

disneyland-50-concept-art.jpg

The 50th Celebration, the “Happiest Homecoming on Earth”, marked the first time the castle was especially decorated for a park anniversary. The castle was dressed in richly colored royal banners, bejeweled with precious gems, and trimmed with gold including a gold railing. Additionally, five turrets were decorated with crowns representing a decade of Disneyland’s history. This includes: mickey ears for the creation of Disneyland, rocket ships and planets for the “New Tomorrowland,” the blue fairy for the Main Street Electrical Parade, the evil eye of Mara from Indiana Jones, and fireworks and Tinkerbell for the 50th Anniversary.

TTA94

Btw what’s the latest on the FoF Maleficent Dragon? If they can’t cough up the funds to get that fixed or replaced what’s the odds they will build a whole entire nighttime parade :rolleyes:. Unless a nighttime parade is being forced on them for 2021. They seem very content making cuts and happy with just HEA.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
Btw what’s the latest on the FoF Maleficent Dragon? If they can’t cough up the funds to get that fixed or replaced what’s the odds they will build a whole entire nighttime parade :rolleyes:. Unless a nighttime parade is being forced on them for 2021. They seem very content making cuts and happy with just HEA.
She’s coming back. It’ll be a month or two.

WDWMPrincess

View attachment 298987

The 50th Celebration, the “Happiest Homecoming on Earth”, marked the first time the castle was especially decorated for a park anniversary. The castle was dressed in richly colored royal banners, bejeweled with precious gems, and trimmed with gold including a gold railing. Additionally, five turrets were decorated with crowns representing a decade of Disneyland’s history. This includes: mickey ears for the creation of Disneyland, rocket ships and planets for the “New Tomorrowland,” the blue fairy for the Main Street Electrical Parade, the evil eye of Mara from Indiana Jones, and fireworks and Tinkerbell for the 50th Anniversary.

Oh now I like that! Makes it look like a storybook version of a medieval celebration of some sort. I would be thrilled if they included the Blue Fairy from Pinocchio in the celebrations. She was my first favorite Disney character. My grandmother made me a dress just like her's for my fifth Halloween after taking me to see it at the theater. Think that was 4th or maybe 5th re-release.

TTA94

I hope MK doesn’t end up getting a nighttime parade like this... I know this is Tokyo’s rainy night parade, but sadly I could see MK getting something simple and short like this, plus it would be “FL humidity/rain” friendly. I don’t mind the soundtrack though.

Kman101

Each attraction had one golden vehicle incorporated into the ride. Looking forward to seeing what WDW has in store for us. View attachment 298988View attachment 298989View attachment 298991View attachment 298990

Um, golden cupcakes of course!

We should just shut up and be grateful they're finally doing what they put off doing for 20 years ;)

But I do hope they surprise us. Do another "give each park a gift ride/attraction from another park" thing, or something.

@marni1971 I know you've confirmed most of this but just curious how close I am to some things down below ... if you can ...

They are stupid if they don't take advantage of the upcoming anniversaries of all the parks.

2018 - AK 20th (they got Pandora in 2017 but likely Dino refresh of some sort for the future)

2019 - DHS 30th (Star Wars Land, Mickey & Minnie, Toy Story Land this year) they have two stage shows to update, Indy to address, Animation Courtyard to address -- I also just realized if they demo'd the animation building and used the entrance from Sunset Ranch Market they could fit in Cars Land ...)

2021 - MK's (and WDW's) 50th (we're getting TRON, likely a Tomorrowland refresh, and hopefully a night parade plus an updated HEA (though I'd be fine if they left it alone) ... Pan, Mansion, Big Thunder, Small World could all use some refreshing ...

2022 - Epcot's 40th (would be the best time to relaunch the park .... I can also think of an expansion many haven't thought of and no it's not moving an attraction but they should move that attraction ...) Wonders attraction, Mary, something else for WS (where does Brazil fall?), refreshed Future World ... possibly some minor updates to The Land/Seas ...

I'd say overall it's a solid 50th birthday (of course many probably won't like what we'll get). And if they don't have some major announcements in 2021 for the 50th I'll be bummed. Do they have the realization now that they need to expand, that they need to use space being unused, that they need to worry about capacity? That they should use anniversaries as marketing tools again? I know they care about synergy and IP so I assume lots and lots of Pixar.

And, Martin, I also have a hunch we'll be seeing some re-use of things that might get the axe, like, say carnival rides? And if I think like an IP synergy Disney-Pixar-Marvel-Lucas-soontobeFox executive I imagine we'll be seeing IP-tie ins, some easy refreshes (like Pixar Pier - not saying we're getting that, god no, but just in the vein of something they do on the quick, but maybe not THAT quick ...), some solid e-tickets (most of what's been announced) and some much needed love for Tomorrowland (they surely can't be keeping Buzz? Monsters I could see staying if they do what I think they might with Buzz) and Future World (Wonders, Land/Sea updates; I can think of an IP tie-in to the Land I'm shocked no one has thought about ...) And I feel like they have cut things from one place for another with the intent on possibly "expanding" later ... of course lots of this is long-long-long-term ...

Sorry for the armchairing ... I have a bad habit ... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom