Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainplane3

It was between Tomorrowland and Frontierland for the 50th job, and TL won. I don't expect a major Fantasy Land anything in Orl anytime soon, barring a new opportunity TWDC just can't pass up.
As for DL, expect SWL for the west side (duh), more infrastructure stuff ala Big Thunder Trail on that side, with that being it. TDA has kicked a needed Tomorrowland refresh for ages, and they just keep kicking it down. As of recent, next up for DL was Fantasyland, but it seems that, while it will still be involved, the next DL project is less centered on Fantasy.
I'm feeling on a roll, so while we are at it...
EPCOT: FW getting bulk of things. Communicore changes yet again. The Seas will become the "Pavillion on a hill" or the hive of scum and villainy Galaxy's Edge was intended to be. God knows what's going on with imagination. No, Groot will not be taking over the Land Pavillion, and don't even bother with Wonders of Life for the next decade, because Disney barely is either. As for WS, just cranking out Coco, UK, Rat, Brazil (And Friends?).
HS: TSL, SWL, Shows going to that great big theater in the sky, the Muppets are staying for a while: deal with it, Star Tours isn't long for this Galaxy: deal with it, and Fantasmic -1.0 will be here a while. Also, Christmas Echo Lake will be great. Sunset... Meh. Oh, and two of the best rides to ever come out of Imagineering IMO.
AK: Don't Cry for me Anandapur, yes a potential Avatar expansion exists and no I do not expect it to happen. Rivers of Light is in one day and out the next with management, but it has been serving its purpose, leading to a resounding "Why Bother?" In management.
DCA: Marvel is a mess. Pixar is a mess. Runaway is a mess. Expansion is a mess. Halloween in great.

And now cryptic stuff that could apply anywhere domestically:
Winter is Coming... Eventually
Let's All Sing Like... Who?
33 Upcharges
The Not So Suite Life
The Not So Secret Life
Magic
Find your Way Black
Can you tell me how to get to Seaworld?
New York
I didn't Nintend to Infringe on your Ship
Needs More Cowbell
Oh fun stuff!
- While both lands could have some love, I feel TL is in worse shape then Frontierland.
- Seas - Why even mess with The Seas? Even though I don't care for Nemo, it's still sending the right message about preservation of ocean life!
- Imagination - They can't make Imagination any worse. Then again, dumping Figment would be a quick way to ruin the entire pavilion for me. I really hope some big powers are pushing hard to retain him and do the pavilion justice rather then dumping him and grabbing a movie IP.
- HS - I won't waste my time seeing Fantasmic for a while then.

Stuff on the bottom:
Let's All Sing Like... Who? - Something with the Tiki Room!
I didn't Nintend to Infringe on your Ship - Nintendo? I'll take a guess and say something with Wreck it Ralph and the possible Stitch replacement? Disney trying to get Mario since they had him in WiR?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
All of this is irrelevant though, because according to him, as soon as Bob Iger retires, Wall Street is going to sour on Disney to the point where the entire Walt Disney Company ceases to exist. Better get your park time in now!

TWDC CORPORATE will be toast,

the individual business units with the exception of 'Media Networks' will make a boatload of money for their new owners.

Happens to every company who spends their resources managing the stock price rather than investing in the business.

A lesson which is too frequently lost take care of the customers and the stock price will take care of itself, And no your customer is NOT Wall Street

Magic Feather

Oh fun stuff!
- While both lands could have some love, I feel TL is in worse shape then Frontierland.
- Seas - Why even mess with The Seas? Even though I don't care for Nemo, it's still sending the right message about preservation of ocean life!
- Imagination - They can't make Imagination any worse. Then again, dumping Figment would be a quick way to ruin the entire pavilion for me. I really hope some big powers are pushing hard to retain him and do the pavilion justice rather then dumping him and grabbing a movie IP.
- HS - I won't waste my time seeing Fantasmic for a while then.

Stuff on the bottom:
Let's All Sing Like... Who? - Something with the Tiki Room!
I didn't Nintend to Infringe on your Ship - Nintendo? I'll take a guess and say something with Wreck it Ralph and the possible Stitch replacement? Disney trying to get Mario since they had him in WiR?
(Some of the Clues were about Universal)

trainplane3

(Some of the Clues were about Universal)
I understand that. I just took the Sing one as "Let's all sing like Birdies sing", so birdies=Tiki. And for the Nintend one, I had a feeling about Disney using Mario for one short moment in WiR could have some effect with Universal. Obviously, I was off. And that's why I didn't take a jab at the others. Regardless, thank you for the info and fun hints!

HauntedMansionFLA

It was between Tomorrowland and Frontierland for the 50th job, and TL won. I don't expect a major Fantasy Land anything in Orl anytime soon, barring a new opportunity TWDC just can't pass up.
As for DL, expect SWL for the west side (duh), more infrastructure stuff ala Big Thunder Trail on that side, with that being it. TDA has kicked a needed Tomorrowland refresh for ages, and they just keep kicking it down. As of recent, next up for DL was Fantasyland, but it seems that, while it will still be involved, the next DL project is less centered on Fantasy.
EPCOT: FW getting bulk of things. Communicore changes yet again. The Seas will become the "Pavillion on a hill" or the hive of scum and villainy Galaxy's Edge was intended to be. God knows what's going on with imagination. No, Groot will not be taking over the Land Pavillion, and don't even bother with Wonders of Life for the next decade, because Disney barely is either. As for WS, just cranking out Coco, UK, Rat, Brazil (And Friends?).
HS: TSL, SWL, Shows going to that great big theater in the sky, the Muppets are staying for a while: deal with it, Star Tours isn't long for this Galaxy: deal with it, and Fantasmic -1.0 will be here a while. Also, Christmas Echo Lake will be great. Sunset... Meh. Oh, and two of the best rides to ever come out of Imagineering IMO.
AK: Don't Cry for me Anandapur, yes a potential Avatar expansion exists and no I do not expect it to happen. Rivers of Light is in one day and out the next with management, but it has been serving its purpose, leading to a resounding "Why Bother?" In management.
DCA: Marvel is a mess. Pixar is a mess. Runaway is a mess. Expansion is a mess. Halloween in great.

33 Upcharges
The Not So Suite Life
The Not So Secret Life
Magic
Find your Way Black
New York
Needs More Cowbell
Good to hear about Christmas Echo Lake. Thanks

DisneyDodo

So if I understood correctly both Coco and UK attraction (Brave?) have been greenlit? Those seem like good news!

@MisterPenguin has any other insider given clues about what's happening at the Seas, based on what @Magic Feather Magic said, it sounds as something we should worry about?
Prior to D23 there was a lot of talk of the Seas pavilion getting a makeover to become the Marine Life Institute from Finding Dory. But that was only expected to be a change to the exterior of the pavilion - no changes were rumored for the aquarium or either of the attractions

Frankiepopsicles

33 Upcharges
The Not So Suite Life
The Not So Secret Life
Magic
Find your Way Black
New York
Needs More Cowbell

Are you able to tell us what the Frontierland Expansion would have been? An E-Ticket Ride?

aladdin2007

33 Upcharges
The Not So Suite Life
The Not So Secret Life
Magic
Find your Way Black
New York
Needs More Cowbell

Im going to go on a limb and say, regarding the WS comment, that either Brazil and another additional SA pavilion, or Brazil and another new country all together, or Brazil with The 3 cabs moved as a new boat ride for that pavilion (playing off the word "friends"). I cant see them spending the $ to do so, unless the parties involved are paying for it. But last we heard it wasn't sounding like the plan unless there has been a change of heart, (please!), a budget pavilion WS does not need. What perplexes me is the Seas comment, and scares me. Great fun post though lol, appreciate the glimpses and what may or may not be.

Clopin Trouillefou

33 Upcharges
The Not So Suite Life
The Not So Secret Life
Magic
Find your Way Black
New York
Needs More Cowbell

O man this one's fun. The only thing you're scaring me about is the seas. I love looking at fish. I wanna keep looking at fish.

Clopin Trouillefou

33 Upcharges
The Not So Suite Life
The Not So Secret Life
Magic
Find your Way Black
New York
Needs More Cowbell

Also if I'm reading this correctly, they're re-theming Imagination to a higher deity (God in this case). people are gonna have strong opinions.

clemmo

33 Upcharges
The Not So Suite Life
The Not So Secret Life
Magic
Find your Way Black
New York
Needs More Cowbell
For the two best rides to ever come out of imagineering are you referring to the two SWGE attractions? As for universal completely forgot secret life of pets was even in the works (if it even still is)

Ripken10

Im going to go on a limb and say, regarding the WS comment, that either Brazil and another additional SA pavilion, or Brazil and another new country all together, or Brazil with The 3 cabs moved as a new boat ride for that pavilion (playing off the word "friends"). I cant see them spending the $ to do so, unless the parties involved are paying for it. But last we heard it wasn't sounding like the plan unless there has been a change of heart, (please!), a budget pavilion WS does not need. What perplexes me is the Seas comment, and scares me. Great fun post though lol, appreciate the glimpses and what may or may not be.
I tend to think the "And friends" comment was referring to the possibility of another country after Brazil being still on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom