Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frizzball

probably more than 3 rides.. Pandora only has 2, and very small shows and shops.
In fairness to Disney from what I understand, when they started building Pandora they were on the understanding that Avatar was the first in a series of films that would still be relevant when the land opened. The fact that those sequels disappeared into thin air may have impacted how much money they put towards the land.

Pixieish

In fairness to Disney from what I understand, when they started building Pandora they were on the understanding that Avatar was the first in a series of films that would still be relevant when the land opened. The fact that those sequels disappeared into thin air may have impacted how much money they put towards the land.

IMDB has them listed as filming.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Um, because most of Disney's recent 'lands' more closely resemble strip malls than 'themed entertainment'.

No. No fake news allowed here where you can just say the opposite of reality and not get called out for flat out lying.

The original lands were mostly one big road with 'storefronts' on either side that led to a ride or attraction or restaurant or restroom. That is the very paradigm of a strip mall. If you were tasked to make a theme park modeled on strip malls, DL and MK is what you would get.

When you look at NFL, or Pandora, or TSL, or SWGE... they are completely unlike a strip mall: meandering paths, stand-alone buildings/attractions, lots of scenery, no 'store fronts', no 'strips'. The complete opposite of a strip mall. (We'll leave Radiator Springs out of this because of the theme of 'cars', it was made to be a strip of road.)

Why are you doing this? Why do you just make up untrue things to make a jab at Disney? Why do other people on this forum still interact with you as if you're here to say anything in good faith? Why are you here when you don't go into Disney parks anymore?

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
I hope Move It Shake It isn't still around by the time WDW turns 50.
I will say, the reason it’s still around is because it makes a full day of hours for parade performers. Without MiSiDaPi, parade would just be a 4 hour call and performers wouldn’t be able to make a living. Once a nighttime offering comes back to MK it may not be an issue anymore...

Last edited:

peter11435

Um, because most of Disney's recent 'lands' more closely resemble strip malls than 'themed entertainment'.

800px-Radiator_Springs_Racers_at_Cars_Land.jpg

Star-Wars-Land_Full_30554.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom