Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedy71

Should we need pixie dust and have to wish really hard for The Walt Disney Company's largest and highest grossing theme park in the world to get a new parade? That stuff should be automatically happening...

facd0e5b6de482c26601854370b689ac.gif

Figments Friend

Now here is a swell idea for the 50th Anniversary -
WDW should offer a free day ticket admission to anyone born the year the Property opened in 1971.
All us fifty year olds can then celebrate WDW's 50th in style..that whole year!

I say this primarily because I will be 50 when the Park turns 50....so I'll take that free admission, Mickey.
;)

-

Janir

Now here is a swell idea for the 50th Anniversary -
WDW should offer a free day ticket admission to anyone born the year the Property opened in 1971.
All us fifty year olds can then celebrate WDW's 50th in style..that whole year!

I say this primarily because I will be 50 when the Park turns 50....so I'll take that free admission, Mickey.
;)

-
Same here, so I'd be down with that. :D
Take everyone that is 50 and stick them in an afternoon parade. :p

UpAllNight

I hope they give the whole park the kind of upgrade it deserves, as the allegedly most visited park in the world.

New effects, certain rides completely rebuilt, everything sparkling, new rides (In addition to Tron), fresh shows & entertainment. By all accounts they did a great job for Disneylands 60th and DLPs 25th...anything less for a park that has been severely underinvested over the past 20 years is a shambles.

I don't think Tron is enough either...Disneyland are getting an entire new land and their Kingdom park already boasts a much more built out attraction list. I want them to sort out the Speedway & do something with Stitch at the very least.

Gringrinngghost

I hope they give the whole park the kind of upgrade it deserves, as the allegedly most visited park in the world.

New effects, certain rides completely rebuilt, everything sparkling, new rides (In addition to Tron), fresh shows & entertainment. By all accounts they did a great job for Disneylands 60th and DLPs 25th...anything less for a park that has been severely underinvested over the past 20 years is a shambles.

I don't think Tron is enough either...Disneyland are getting an entire new land and their Kingdom park already boasts a much more built out attraction list. I want them to sort out the Speedway & do something with Stitch at the very least.

Universal over the next few years will light a fire under them hopefully, but then again, we are talking about a company that posts 58billion (Disney) vs 100+ Billion (Comcast)

Matt_Black

Universal over the next few years will light a fire under them hopefully, but then again, we are talking about a company that posts 58billion (Disney) vs 100+ Billion (Comcast)

The difference of course, is that when faced with unhappy customers, Disney does make the attempt at rectifying the situation. Comcast places anyone who wants to cancel into the telephone equivalent of purgatory, hoping they'll give up.

Gringrinngghost

The difference of course, is that when faced with unhappy customers, Disney does make the attempt at rectifying the situation. Comcast places anyone who wants to cancel into the telephone equivalent of purgatory, hoping they'll give up.
When you look at Universal Parks however, They try to be Disney. It got so bad that in early 2017 they had to issue a memo out to Team Members about not over accommodating with free items and such since it was apparently happening. The subscriber's customer service, for the most part, is trash, (the gold standard for trash is Charter Spectrum) but for the parks, they try their hardest to copy Disney.

trainplane3

A theme park reviewing site I visit claims there is no competition between Disney and Universal. Someone said "This new Harry Potter ride will push Disney to do more" and was responded to with "WHY do people say this? It's not true. They have no reason to compete and I wish they everyone would stop saying this" (This is a summed up conversation, but this was the idea). There was more shouting by the admin about it, but I'm not going to go into it.

Point: How can that person even say that? There IS competition even if it is not obvious (which it is very obvious).

Daveeeeed

I just hope they do something amazing with the castle! I'm not saying another cake bc I know most people hated it, but I loved it! I love when they do things with the castles.
I agree. I think a huge makeover of the castle is brilliant.

I also hope that they will start doing seasonal overlays more frequently. I would love a Nightmare Before Christmas overlay of Square Liberty for the last few months of the year, but I would not be surprised if many people would hate that.

Just give the Nightmare Before Christmas a land already!

Disneyland just kills us on anything seasonal, refurbishments, or maintenance. Please TDO beat Disneyland at its own game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom