Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrerJon

I know it's kind of pointless speculation but I wonder if they'll never give us a new night parade? Not even for the 50th? If they don't see a demand or need for one now, why would they later?

I really dislike how they run the Orlando parks.

I would advise people pining for a night parade to skip WDW one year and put the money towards a trip to Tokyo instead, there you can witness the best electrical night parade Disney ever created, Dreamlights.

Last edited:

clemmo

So, it sounds like this is what we could (maybe?) expect in place for MK for the 50th...

New night time parade
New fireworks show
Replacement for SGE
Possible new ride built in TL
general refreshment of lands and rides (especially Frontierland and tomorrowland, it seems)
Is the SGE replacement still rumored to be WIR? Also for the new ride I wonder if it'll be so ambitious as to use...an expansion pad... (I know it sounds rediculous but I'll hold out hope). Also wonder when this will be announced. As of now D23 2017 will likely talk about SWL but then they could announce GMR replacement and Epcot overhaul. My guess is they wait til 2019 on this.

Last edited:

Kman101

I would advise people pining for a night parade to skip WDW one year and put the money towards a trip to Tokyo instead, there you can witness the best electical night parade Disney ever created, Dreamlights.

Believe me, I'm working on that (I've watched videos of it countless times). LOL. I'm overdue for a second visit to Disneyland as well.

I'm local-ish to the Orlando parks but I'm taking a long hiatus from them (except Universal). I've been so much and nothing new is coming for a few years. I could possibly see myself going to AK. I really need a castmember friend or two who can get me in instead .... lol

Kman101

Is the SGE replacement still rumored to be WIR? Also for the new ride I wonder if it'll be so ambitious as to use...an expansion pad... (I know it sounds rediculous but I'll hold out hope). Also wonder when this will be announced. As of now D23 2017 will likely talk about SWL but then they could announce GMR replacement and Epcot overhaul. My guess is they wait til 2019 on this.

@marni1971 has said a few times that WiR is off the table I guess for Tomorrowland at the moment but they seem to change like the wind so who knows?

brb1006

I know it's kind of pointless speculation but I wonder if they'll never give us a new night parade? Not even for the 50th? If they don't see a demand or need for one now, why would they later?

I really dislike how they run the Orlando parks.
I seriously hope they plan on creating a new one in 2021. It would seriously be a missed opportunity.

brb1006

Believe me, I'm working on that (I've watched videos of it countless times). LOL. I'm overdue for a second visit to Disneyland as well.

I'm local-ish to the Orlando parks but I'm taking a long hiatus from them (except Universal). I've been so much and nothing new is coming for a few years. I could possibly see myself going to AK. I really need a castmember friend or two who can get me in instead .... lol
And the parade is set to get another update sometime in 2017 or 2018.

Pam Hates Penguins

From the rumblings I have heard (friends being CM's) that Paint The Night will be the 50th parade for MK. Nothing will be made or brought to light before then. 5 more years with no nighttime parade.

A cast member told me the bridge crossing over into Liberty Square isn't wide enough for some PTN floats.

Cesar R M

This isn't right or wrong. At this point, unless guest surveys really show a negative impact, we won't get a new night parade (night FoF is on the table, but not being pursued) until the 50th. One proposal was for it to be PtN but the overwhelming majority is looking towards a new, custom parade.
It would be hilarious that TDO will wait until TDA gets a NEW night show to replace paint the night, so then they can ship paint the night to WDW.

EPCOTCenterLover

"Plus, patriotism is just more present in America than in many other countries."

I'm not so sure I agree with that. I've been to many countries in Asia and Europe. The people in the places I've visited are in fact very patriotic. At least in my interactions with them over the years.

Cesar R M

"Plus, patriotism is just more present in America than in many other countries."

I'm not so sure I agree with that. I've been to many countries in Asia and Europe. The people in the places I've visited are in fact very patriotic. At least in my interactions with them over the years.
There is a huge difference in patriotism (as in asking a person if they love their country). and then having flags, canons, memoralia, weapons, stickers, figurines, shows and ads constantly displaying how big and mighty your country it :p

drizgirl

There is a huge difference in patriotism (as in asking a person if they love their country). and then having flags, canons, memoralia, weapons, stickers, figurines, shows and ads constantly displaying how big and mighty your country it :p
Nobody is making you visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom