News Magic Kingdom 4:30pm close in May 2022 (originally January 25 2022)

Daily Magic

Heading here in a week and a half. I hope they don’t reschedule it bc it’s going to throw off my plans and it’s unfortunate if it impacts a day I was planning for months now. I hope the cast members get the day but hopefully they don’t force it into the calendar without a warning to thousands of customers

rumcat

Heading here in a week and a half. I hope they don’t reschedule it bc it’s going to throw off my plans and it’s unfortunate if it impacts a day I was planning for months now. I hope the cast members get the day but hopefully they don’t force it into the calendar without a warning to thousands of customers
Translation- I hope they get it but not on a day that inconveniences me. Got it.

DCBaker

Premium Member

The reschedule in the article -

Disney Cast Member 2020 Service Celebration at Magic Kingdom on January 25 postponed due to weather​

"It will now be hosted later in the Spring."

UNCgolf

Translation- I hope they get it but not on a day that inconveniences me. Got it.

Well yeah, that's why they schedule it pretty far in advance. It wouldn't be very good to tell people "Oh hey, we know you bought a ticket to go to the Magic Kingdom in a week, but now you can only use it for half the day even though we are still charging you full price."

Admittedly that's less of an issue now that FP+ aren't booked months in advance, but it could still mess up dining reservations and other overall plans.

CntrlFlPete

I Imagine folks thinking the park would close early tomorrow could be part of the reason the MK was slammed today? Was at the MK today, went thinking that a weekday in JAN wouldn't be too bad -- Haunted Mansion was over an hour at 9:03 AM -- guess there really are not any 'less busy' times these days.

Mr Mindcrime

That's not really fair. Disney forces you to plan vacation trips weeks and months in advance and charges ridiculous prices for the privilege. If that particular day was your MK day and you had it planned for six months...yes, the inconvenience is annoying and unfair. Saying that does not diminish or belittle the importance of a well-deserved cast member recognition event. Disney just needs to announce this earlier to be respectful of their guest as well as cast members.

JoeCamel

That's not really fair. Disney forces you to plan vacation trips weeks and months in advance and charges ridiculous prices for the privilege. If that particular day was your MK day and you had it planned for six months...yes, the inconvenience is annoying and unfair. Saying that does not diminish or belittle the importance of a well-deserved cast member recognition event. Disney just needs to announce this earlier to be respectful of their guest as well as cast members.
The first post in the thread was last November. How much notice do you want?

No Name

I’m all for celebrating the CMs but closing MK at 4:30 PM is pretty ridiculous, there are many many better ways to go about it.

JoeCamel

I’m all for celebrating the CMs but closing MK at 4:30 PM is pretty ridiculous, there are many many better ways to go about it.
If they made it later hours they would have to pay the people that have to work the event extra money for the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom