News Magic Kingdom 4:30pm close in May 2022 (originally January 25 2022)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Do people really start vacations on Mondays?

Depends where I'm traveling to. If I had to drive vs fly to WDW I'd be leaving Saturday, drive half way, stay overnight somewhere, drive the remainder, get a cheap room for Sunday night in Orlando to rest. Then wake up early for a Monday park day and hotel check-in. It's also cheaper flight wise around me to fly on weekdays, usually check flexible dates to get cheaper rates.
We always planned out trips to arrive on Sunday and start our WDW vacation on Monday, skipping MK until Wednesday.

ToTBellHop

Ok, so let's go with the guests are stupid argument. Disney is still happy to take their money right? Not even throw in complimentary park hopping?

It doesn't even bother you that Disney is happy to take peoples money charging full price for a reduced experience?
No, because I assume lines will be short and they’ll get on a ton. They were always shorter on party days.

castlecake2.0

I'd bet they'd be happier with a $1000 "Thank You" bonus than 4 hours in a place where they work.

How would a warehouse worker feel if their bosses "celebrated" them by letting them hang out in the warehouse -- unpaid -- for 4 hours?
That’s not really a great comparison, also the majority of the attendees probably don’t even work at Magic Kingdom. It’s kind of annoying when guests create fake outrage on behalf of cast for something that they are really looking forward to.

castlecake2.0

Confirmed that MK will still close at 4:30pm tonight, no extension despite the cancellation of the event.
With such short notice it probably would have been an operational nightmare to try to keep the park open resulting in a terrible guest experience. This not only affects cast in the park but also watercraft, busses, security etc. Probably the best option they had.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
With such short notice it probably would have been an operational nightmare to try to keep the park open resulting in a terrible guest experience. This not only affects cast in the park but also watercraft, busses, security etc. Probably the best option they had.
Maybe management will see that having evening hours on slow days doesn’t make sense and close the parks early to save money.

Every park can be just like DAK!

Maybe even close parks on slow days!

Patcheslee

Confirmed that MK will still close at 4:30pm tonight, no extension despite the cancellation of the event.
So at least CMs will be able to have a night off I guess.
That’s not really a great comparison, also the majority of the attendees probably don’t even work at Magic Kingdom. It’s kind of annoying when guests create fake outrage on behalf of cast for something that they are really looking forward to.
What do they do for CMs that work there during the event?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I’m fairly certain the majority of the people on here complaining about the service celebrations not being “enough” have either never attended one or have no idea what they entail. It’s not just opening up the park and handing out some Mickey Premium Bars. They’re highly elaborate events. I have never known anyone who was eligible to attend that wasn’t excited for them.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
There will be something else for them to watch.
Fantastic! gonna premier then? Kinda similar to how HEA was shown at the homecoming event for CMs before the official July 1 return? That would be kinda tho, the last of the WDW night spectaculars to return.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
There will be something else for them to watch.
0EF0E596-EE3F-4371-A768-07D161216A05.gif

Gillyanne

Looks like this will be 4/6/22 but at DHS now?

Or was it rescheduled to MK on 2/8 (which would be 2 weeks later vs. 2 months)? I'm at the parks that week (though the 8th is the day we get in late, so no parks) and see it's closing at 4:30 on that day too. Not sure if it always was since I didn't pay that much attention before now.

ToTBellHop

Or was it rescheduled to MK on 2/8 (which would be 2 weeks later vs. 2 months)? I'm at the parks that week (though the 8th is the day we get in late, so no parks) and see it's closing at 4:30 on that day too. Not sure if it always was since I didn't pay that much attention before now.
I see that, too. Bad form. They should not do that to guests this last-minute.

Perhaps 4/6 at DHS is a park buy-out, then?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom