News Magic Kingdom 4:30pm close in May 2022 (originally January 25 2022)

FigmentForever96

I Imagine folks thinking the park would close early tomorrow could be part of the reason the MK was slammed today? Was at the MK today, went thinking that a weekday in JAN wouldn't be too bad -- Haunted Mansion was over an hour at 9:03 AM -- guess there really are not any 'less busy' times these days.
I have found Monday to be the worst Magic kingdom day. As people kick off their vacays at the start of the week, those plans seem to entail day one at the capital of the world.

Vinnie Mac

I have found Monday to be the worst Magic kingdom day. As people kick off their vacays at the start of the week, those plans seem to entail day one at the capital of the world.
I don't think people starting their vacations on Monday is why... I mean I guess it could be a potential reasons because 2022 is going to be a huge year for people catching up on previously cancelled vacation plans. But must "week trips" started on Friday, Saturday, or even Sunday. not really Monday.

No Name

Better or worse than holiday parties closing the park at 6 pm? As long as it is announced well in advance, I’ve the CMs their ONE night.
Worse, because 4:30 is an hour and a half earlier than 6 pm. And I thought the parties cause the park to close at 7.

Ridiculous? Get over yourself, given all the cast members do to ensure you have a good time, it’s the bare minimum they could do.
Yes, it’s pretty rediculous that the company would charge full price for a fraction of a day. You’re certainly correct that it’s the bare minimum… there are much greater ways they could show the cast members appreciation. I’m not against honoring cast members, I’m against doing it in a cheap way.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Worse, because 4:30 is an hour and a half earlier than 6 pm. And I thought the parties cause the park to close at 7.

Yes, it’s pretty rediculous that the company would charge full price for a fraction of a day. You’re certainly correct that it’s the bare minimum… there are much greater ways they could show the cast members appreciation. I’m not against honoring cast members, I’m against doing it in a cheap way
The parties close the parks at 6. 4x a week.

Is anyone forcing guests to use one-day tickets or non park-hopper tickets this day? Again, as long as it is announced 71 days out, I think it’s fine.

castlecake2.0

Yes, it’s pretty rediculous that the company would charge full price for a fraction of a day. You’re certainly correct that it’s the bare minimum… there are much greater ways they could show the cast members appreciation. I’m not against honoring cast members, I’m against doing it in a cheap way.
People have know since the start of November that the park would be closing early, plenty of time for guests to make alternate plans if they wanted. Closing a park early to host an all inclusive party to honour cast is anything but cheap.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

The service celebrations are actually one of the very few things they aren't cheap about. If you'd ever been to one you'd know that these are highly elaborate and expensive celebrations.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Well, you leaped before you looked. So again, WDW is damned if they do, damned if they don't. You'd probably start complaining eventually wondering why WDW hasn't celebrated their CMs. Now they are, and it's something else.
I'd bet they'd be happier with a $1000 "Thank You" bonus than 4 hours in a place where they work.

How would a warehouse worker feel if their bosses "celebrated" them by letting them hang out in the warehouse -- unpaid -- for 4 hours?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Ridiculous? Get over yourself, given all the cast members do to ensure you have a good time, it’s the bare minimum they could do.
Now say that to a family of 4 that paid $150 per person for tickets expecting a full day at the MK.

Now if Disney cut the cost of admission commensurate with the percentage of the normal operating day that was lost to their CM party....But we all know that would never happen.

ToTBellHop

Now say that to a family of 4 that paid $150 per person for tickets expecting a full day at the MK.

Now if Disney cut the cost of admission commensurate with the percentage of the normal operating day that was lost to their CM party....But we all know that would never happen.
That would be a stupid family, though. Check hours before finalizing plans. I struggle to feel pity for people who don’t do their homework, and while planning a WDW vacation can be overwhelming, it’s unreasonable to not at least check the hours. We check the hours before going anywhere. Store, restaurant, museum, zoo, etc.

If they were to suddenly announce a 4:30 closure next week, I’d agree with you though. That is apparently not the plan, though.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
That would be a stupid family, though. Check hours before finalizing plans. I struggle to feel pity for people who don’t do their homework, and while planning a WDW vacation can be overwhelming, it’s unreasonable to not at least check the hours. We check the hours before going anywhere. Store, restaurant, museum, zoo, etc.
Ok, so let's go with the guests are stupid argument. Disney is still happy to take their money right? Not even throw in complimentary park hopping?

It doesn't even bother you that Disney is happy to take peoples money charging full price for a reduced experience?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Are you really comparing working in a warehouse to working at a theme park?

Come on.
If you work at Disney because you need a job... yes.

If you work at Disney because you love it... then do you even need a CM Appreciation Night?

Patcheslee

Do people really start vacations on Mondays?
Depends where I'm traveling to. If I had to drive vs fly to WDW I'd be leaving Saturday, drive half way, stay overnight somewhere, drive the remainder, get a cheap room for Sunday night in Orlando to rest. Then wake up early for a Monday park day and hotel check-in. It's also cheaper flight wise around me to fly on weekdays, usually check flexible dates to get cheaper rates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom