News Magic Kingdom 4:30pm close in May 2022 (originally January 25 2022)

celluloid

Magic Kingdom likely to close early on two dates in May as Cast Member Service Celebrations are rescheduled​

May is probably good. I hope it does not rain all night.

Any later and you hit June and start Hurricane Season, while not likely in June, let's not tempt fate with how weather has been for this event.

Ayla

Okay. And I think four early closures is disrespectful to paying guests. It’s a bit…precious…to suggest CMs deserve exclusive 2020 and 2021 events. There was a freakin pandemic. I’m not demanding 3 work Christmas parties this year to make up for the 2 that were canceled. Also, I got my 15-years of service “award” in the form of an email from my job. Do I think CMs deserve recognition? Yes. Give them a single Disney After Hours that will still have far fewer people than the DAH events guests pay for. Then give them a raise.

Whether or not it impacts me is of no consequence. It would be example 624 that Disney no longer respects its guests.
It does impact me and I agree with you.

Ayla

Sorry but your comment is somewhere between needlessly exaggerating and outright lying. With 60 day ADR's and barely 70 day-out published park hours, there is no reason or push to book trips farther out than 75-90 days. You cannot even reserve a hotel room past 2022 right now, if you try to force the reservation system into January of 2023 or later it says "No information on resorts is available for the dates specified.".

When you have to actually select a park for each day, you should be reading the park hours and making decisions based on that. All of these recent events have been scheduled farther out than guests can make park reservations, so literally 100% of people chose to go to MK with a 4:30 closing time. And nobody had ADR's that got cancelled either (for the same reason).
You can make park reservations as soon as you purchase or link tickets, months before park hours are released.

TP2000

May is probably good. I hope it does not rain all night.

Any later and you hit June and start Hurricane Season, while not likely in June, let's not tempt fate with how weather has been for this event.

That's sad, and something I never thought of. At Disneyland, these evening Service parties in the park are held in October, when it's typically perfect SoCal weather in the evenings.

I hadn't considered how, and when, they do these in WDW with the very different climate.

DisneyDivaMom

I’m glad they’re honoring the cast members. This is well deserved, and yes this does fall during our vacation and we currently have an MK park pass that day. I have read that those days are actually a good day to go to MK because there are lower crowds. Anyone with a shorter trip and no park hopper will likely chose another park these days. If you have park hoppers you get to enjoy 2 parks!

MagicHappens1971

I’m glad they’re honoring the cast members. This is well deserved, and yes this does fall during our vacation and we currently have an MK park pass that day. I have read that those days are actually a good day to go to MK because there are lower crowds. Anyone with a shorter trip and no park hopper will likely chose another park these days. If you have park hoppers you get to enjoy 2 parks!
I believe they confirmed that if you have a normal ticket with a park reservation for MK on this day it will turn into a park hopper @ 2pm

Blueluna1

I believe they confirmed that if you have a normal ticket with a park reservation for MK on this day it will turn into a park hopper @ 2pm
This would be great! Do you recall where you heard that? Was planning to do MK that day and Trying to plan dining. would be great to know if hopping will be an option that day.

Ddad4

Bad luck again for todays event. Lightning and storms for the past hour. Monorail is down. Hope it clears out so they can enjoy part of the evening.

James J

In the Parks
No
Bad luck again for todays event. Lightning and storms for the past hour. Monorail is down. Hope it clears out so they can enjoy part of the evening.
Yeah, it's pretty nasty out right now! Currently watching the severe rain, thunder and lightning from our hotel room on International Drive.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Spring/summer thunderstorms make late winter a better bet to plan an outdoor event in Orlando.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom