Magic bands

Cattyb

Original Poster
Those of you with experience of the parks, is it worth purchasing magic bands for the family or just a nice extra? We are not staying on Disney property but hoping to do several days in the parks.

Rob562

Between park entrance and redeeming FastPasses, you'll be scanning your ticket 4-8 times a day (depending on how many extra FP's you make each day). There's also PhotoPass where you can scan your park ticket to link your on-ride photos, but only one person has to do that.

The Band is useless for things that are only available to on-property Guests like room charging, room key, dining plan, etc.

If you think that the cost per Band is worth it to your family to not worry about those 4-8 scans per day, then go ahead.
Personally I don't think the convenience is worth it to buy Bands without the extra things it does for on-site guests, but that's just me.

If you're in the area with a rental car, you could check out the Disney Outlets. I just saw in a YouTube video that some of the older style Band designs (that were originally $20+) are on clearance over there for $2 each.

-Rob

Cosmic Commando

One other thing to consider if you're not completely sold on the bands is that the solid color ones are a relatively cheap souvenir ($13). My kids get very attached to theirs and hang on to them after the trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom