Magic Bands without Disney Resort Room

RayTheFirefly

Original Poster
So this may be a dumb question (and sorry if it's already been answered; I looked around and couldn't find it).

Is there any reason to have a Magic Band if you're not staying at a Disney Resort? We're staying at a the Hilton Lake Buena Vista, so we're on property with EMH, but we can't charge to our accounts with MB, can we? Would this make the MB basically just our park tickets then and nothing else?

Last edited:

RayTheFirefly

Original Poster
It would act as your park ticket with fast passes, and photopass. No charging.

Awesome, thanks! That's what I thought but just wanted to be sure. To be clear, I'm an annual passholder, so I can use that card for FP if I don't wear a band, right? And if my boyfriend is purchasing a two day park hopper, he would use that card for his FP as well?

cw1982

Awesome, thanks! That's what I thought but just wanted to be sure. To be clear, I'm an annual passholder, so I can use that card for FP if I don't wear a band, right? And if my boyfriend is purchasing a two day park hopper, he would use that card for his FP as well?

Correct.

JohnD

Yep. Of course, Disney welcomes you to purchase MBs if you REALLY want them (you know you do because Disney is beckoning you). ;)

RayTheFirefly

Original Poster
Yep. Of course, Disney welcomes you to purchase MBs if you REALLY want them (you know you do because Disney is beckoning you). ;)

Haha well I still have mine from last trip, so I could always use that one :cool:. I doubt he'll want to buy one if it doesn't do anything though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom