Magic Bands spending limit

JiminyandTink

Original Poster
Is there a spending limit on the Magic Bands like the KTTWC have that you have to reset once you've reached your limit?

Tom

Beta Return
Is there a spending limit on the Magic Bands like the KTTWC have that you have to reset once you've reached your limit?

I believe that's based on what you setup when you apply your credit card at check-in, isn't it? I've always agreed to a limit, so that if lost, someone couldn't rack up charges to it.

They're adding the PIN protection, but I would still think both you and Disney would want a spending limit established from the beginning.

RickP330

I went two weeks ago. There was no limit. It was explaned that once I charged up to $1,500.00 they would process a charge on my CC and start over again. I wouldn't be charged untill the next $1,500.00 or I checked out.
After I checked out we went to the parks and each charge after that came through individually.
RP

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
The house limit is based on the resort you are at and a few other factors, typically my experience is that the house limit is $500 for value, $1000 for moderate and $2000 for Deluxe but I am unsure of DVC/Villa restrictions.

Once you reach the house limit as @RickP330 stated, you call and clear it and the account is cleared.

As a side note, you can clear your account at any time by calling your resort. We track our spending and do it proactively to avoid any delays while in the parks or at dinner.

JiminyandTink

Original Poster
I've done the online check-in so I am really curious as to how setting up a PIN and spending limits will work with the quick check-in process? I'm wondering if I'll have to come back to the front desk to set this up after?

KCheatle

Wow! That's really interesting about the spending limit! It seems logical, but in reflecting on my past trips, having stayed at a Value, Moderate and Deluxe, I always spend at least $1,000 no matter what hotel I'm in. I guess they have a good basis for their assumption that the level of hotel corresponds to the guest's ability to pay? But, I do think that's interesting. And, I wonder how old this policy is? Because when I stayed at Pop, I know I spent more than $500 that trip, but I don't recall having to pay it off?

RickP330

The house limit is based on the resort you are at and a few other factors, typically my experience is that the house limit is $500 for value, $1000 for moderate and $2000 for Deluxe but I am unsure of DVC/Villa restrictions.

Once you reach the house limit as @RickP330 stated, you call and clear it and the account is cleared.

As a side note, you can clear your account at any time by calling your resort. We track our spending and do it proactively to avoid any delays while in the parks or at dinner.

My first $1500 was charged and cleared without me having to do anything about it....
RP

Edit,
Sorry, I just looked at my bill again. I was just under the 1,400 threshold and on the night before I checked out the charge was processed. Without me doing anything. In fact I didn't even get a recipt untill 3 days after I got home.... I am not sure what happens when you reach your limit, but the concerge desk led me to believe it would all happen without me having to do anything...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom