Magic Bands for all resorts starting October 23rd.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Effective today it appears everyone with a December check-in date is now able to customize bands and select FP+. I assume that means it went live today but I suppose it could be they just extended testing too. The one thing I ran into, as did others, was having to modify my online check-in in order for the magic band option to work properly. Beyond that seemless and worked wonderfully. A key I learned is not to stress too much over the suggested FP times it gives you (on any of the option screens). Pick the one that has the 3 attractions you want and then you can go in and completely change the times to work around your day a little better. I am thrilled with how mine has worked out!

I don't think it is live yet. I am checking in 11/16 and just got my letter in the mail saying I was selected for testing. The system is at least in testing through the end of November. My guess would be it won't be fully live until after New Years. January is a slow month so it's a good time to "flip the switch". Going live 12/1 could be a complete train wreck with the busy holiday weeks just around the corner.

ninjaprincesst

Odd, because scores of people with checkins in November already have been able to customize Magic Bands. The only resorts left to be added to the system are Fort Wilderness and Saratoga Springs (and those will be coming in less than a week).

Try going in and re-checking in for your reservation. Or clear your browser cookies. Or both.

-Rob
Also, I got acess to fastpass + before magic bands. So this is oddd

DisneyDann

As a note... while I've seen this reported by a few folks, I've also seen reported that for those checking-in in December, it'll be open 28 days before arrival (which contradicts the 10/23) date. I'm curious to see which it is.
Testing for the Oct 23 is still scheduled to continue thru Nov 30, keyword testing. After all resorts have tested Disney will have some evaluating to do. Changes that could affect Fastpass+ and even the bands themselves (I tested in September and thou I tried both wrists and flip flopped the direction I wore the bracelets, mine came off at least 4 times. Twice I noticed immediately, once I back tracked and found, and once it was found and returned to Guest Services.
Point being, that is why 'Testing' is so extensive.

journ116

Testing for the Oct 23 is still scheduled to continue thru Nov 30, keyword testing. After all resorts have tested Disney will have some evaluating to do. Changes that could affect Fastpass+ and even the bands themselves (I tested in September and thou I tried both wrists and flip flopped the direction I wore the bracelets, mine came off at least 4 times. Twice I noticed immediately, once I back tracked and found, and once it was found and returned to Guest Services.
Point being, that is why 'Testing' is so extensive.
I talked to a CM at Tech Support this morning (couldn't figure out how to delete cards from my MDE account), and he told me that testing is now extended to Jan. 4th. I was also informed for my Feb. 2014 trip, I would probably receive a letter in the mail inviting me to participate 30 days out from my arrival....guess not all the 'bugs' are fully worked out.

Last edited:

SteveAZee

It does make me wonder who is actually developing this software... since it's been in development for quite a while AND it still has some fundamental flaws and holes. If they really are spending as much as they claim to be spending ($1.5B) on this, how much is actually going into the IT part of it. Both from my experience in IT and software development as well as just being a user of web-based applications... this seems like... 1990's or early 2000's revisited in terms of process, design, and control (i.e. this is one of the buggiest Beta releases I've ever seen).

ExtinctJenn

Yes, did it a while ago... double-checked it just a minute ago... still has my CC info.
I had to do "modify check-in" to get everything to work even though I had already checked in just FYI.
I don't think it is live yet. I am checking in 11/16 and just got my letter in the mail saying I was selected for testing. The system is at least in testing through the end of November. My guess would be it won't be fully live until after New Years. January is a slow month so it's a good time to "flip the switch". Going live 12/1 could be a complete train wreck with the busy holiday weeks just around the corner.
Yes those checking in between now and 11/30 are part of the "test" but those checking in with a date in December just had it open and it appears to be in a live state or possibly a new version of testing as some new features were added such as a training video starring Edna Mode. :)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I had to do "modify check-in" to get everything to work even though I had already checked in just FYI.

Yes those checking in between now and 11/30 are part of the "test" but those checking in with a date in December just had it open and it appears to be in a live state or possibly a new version of testing as some new features were added such as a training video starring Edna Mode. :)
I was able to book FP reservations and order my magic bands shortly after my 60 day online checkin date about a month ago. The Edna video popped up last week. I just got the letter in the mail last week saying I was invited to be part of testing at a little less than 30 days out. My bands are already shipping. I still don't think they are letting people know about the testing until the last minute. I would be surprised if the testing doesn't go through the end of the year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom