Magic Bands for all resorts starting October 23rd.

tor29c

So, what are your thoughts regarding 2014 visitors? How early do you think we will be able to customize our magic bands? I love weather-lady's idea! I want all the villains!! Thanks All!

darthspielberg

Rob562

For those interested, I was told I couldn't do FP+ until 28 days ahead of my reservation... and so far, that seems to be true. I'll be checking into OKW on November 15th (so 28 days prior is October 18th, i.e. this Friday) and OKW is currently part of the FP+ testing. When I go into MDE it won't let me make reservations even though I've linked valid passes to my account. Assuming all goes well, I SHOULD be able to make FP+ reservations in two days... we'll see.

Have you customized your Magic Bands? During the current testing I believe you have to do that step first before you get access to the FP+ system.

How about doing online check-in?

-Rob

SteveAZee

Have you customized your Magic Bands? During the current testing I believe you have to do that step first before you get access to the FP+ system.

How about doing online check-in?

-Rob

I've been able to do the online check-in but haven't been offered (or shown to have0 Magic Bands on MDE.

Rob562

Is this going to ever come to Swan & Dolphin?

Since the Swan and Dolphin are not run by Disney and do not have room charging privileges now, I doubt they'll ever get Magic Bands. Guests of the Swan & Dolphin will get access to the FP+ system after the full roll-out, just like off-site Guests will.

-Rob

Rob562

I've been able to do the online check-in but haven't been offered (or shown to have0 Magic Bands on MDE.

Odd, because scores of people with checkins in November already have been able to customize Magic Bands. The only resorts left to be added to the system are Fort Wilderness and Saratoga Springs (and those will be coming in less than a week).

Try going in and re-checking in for your reservation. Or clear your browser cookies. Or both.

-Rob

MOUSEGIRL

Staying at BLT starting December 9th just today was able to make FP+ selection for entire stay. Redid online check in and now was able to customize Magic Bands..

ExtinctJenn

Effective today it appears everyone with a December check-in date is now able to customize bands and select FP+. I assume that means it went live today but I suppose it could be they just extended testing too. The one thing I ran into, as did others, was having to modify my online check-in in order for the magic band option to work properly. Beyond that seemless and worked wonderfully. A key I learned is not to stress too much over the suggested FP times it gives you (on any of the option screens). Pick the one that has the 3 attractions you want and then you can go in and completely change the times to work around your day a little better. I am thrilled with how mine has worked out!

Steve1005

"ExtinctJenn, post: 5763648, member: 83302"]Effective today it appears everyone with a December check-in date is now able to customize bands and select FP+. I assume that means it went live today but I suppose it could be they just extended testing too. The one thing I ran into, as did others, was having to modify my online check-in in order for the magic band option to work properly. Beyond that seemless and worked wonderfully. A key I learned is not to stress too much over the suggested FP times it gives you (on any of the option screens). Pick the one that has the 3 attractions you want and then you can go in and completely change the times to work around your day a little better. I am thrilled with how mine has worked out!
Well, if it went full live I should be able to do mine too right? I'll look into it and post something when I get home later today.

Lucky

Disney isn't getting rid of paper fastpasses until every guest entering the parks can use MyMagic+ (day guests will use their park ticket unless they want to shell out for a band)
They may not get rid of them, but on busy days there may just be a token number of them made available at park opening for PR purposes - they can say anyone could have gotten a FP for TSMM, if they had arrived early enough.

Steve1005

They may not get rid of them, but on busy days there may just be a token number of them made available at park opening for PR purposes - they can say anyone could have gotten a FP for TSMM, if they had arrived early enough.
Sounds about right. They did this up near me at Cedar Point a few years ago. You had to be at the ride the moment the park opened and it was still a real crap shoot if you could get one. Now they just charge another $70 at the door if you want to flat out purchase a "front of the line" pass

Steve1005

"ExtinctJenn, post: 5763775, member: 83302"]If you're 60 days out yes. You have to be checked in to do it as I understand it. :)
Crap. I'm not at my 60 days yet. You'll have to excuse me, i'm actually a virgin with doing all this myself, I always had it done for me with all my other trips. So I'm learning as I go along here. :)

mcm2elm1

Effective today it appears everyone with a December check-in date is now able to customize bands and select FP+. I assume that means it went live today but I suppose it could be they just extended testing too. The one thing I ran into, as did others, was having to modify my online check-in in order for the magic band option to work properly. Beyond that seemless and worked wonderfully. A key I learned is not to stress too much over the suggested FP times it gives you (on any of the option screens). Pick the one that has the 3 attractions you want and then you can go in and completely change the times to work around your day a little better. I am thrilled with how mine has worked out!
I am at 64 days and can customize our bands but no FP+

Steve1005

I'm still gonna hold out hope though. I really like to think that by February when I go I should be able to get bands and FP+. I am kind of mad about the the Lion King show being gone by the time I get there though. :mad:

SteveAZee

I'm at 27 days, have all the requirements (staying at OKW, linked tickets, gotten the invite), and still do not have the option to get Magicbands nor set up FP+ reservations. Everything else seems fine within MDE. They say they're 'working on it'.

Rob562

I'm at 27 days, have all the requirements (staying at OKW, linked tickets, gotten the invite), and still do not have the option to get Magicbands nor set up FP+ reservations. Everything else seems fine within MDE. They say they're 'working on it'.

Have you done online checkin?

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom