Magic Bands, booking FP+ and upgrading tickets at the gate...

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
So we're planning our trip for next month, my sister, my cousina and myself, and I have linked all our tickets and have started selecting our FP+ options. My sister and I have APs and my cousin right now has only a 2 day base ticket. We will be upgrading to a 4 day park hopper when we get there for her. I have one question... When booking the FP+, after the second day a little note came up next to my cousins name stating "FP+ Limit Reached" (I'm assuming due to it only being a 2 day ticket linked to her name) but it's not preventing me from booking past those first 2 days. I can still book for the remaining two days for her. We are planning on upgrading her 2 day base ticket at the gate Will they change this ticket on her magic band to reflect she now has a 4 day PH ticket instead of a 2 day base ticket? And if I do run into any issues such as FP+ cnacelling out cause they're booked for more than 2 days, is there any way I can upgrade the ticket before we go so we can get 4 days of FP+ for her? I checked to see if anyone else started a thread about this but didn't see anything so please don't flame me if someone did and I missed it! Thanks guys!!

Rob562

A couple things:

-Have you gone back in to make sure that your cousin's profile still has all 4 days of FP+ reservations? I'm wondering if once you hit the maximum 2 days it may have cancelled a prior day's FP+ when you went in and made Day #3's.

-There shouldn't be a problem upgrading the ticket to 4 days. The ticket is actually associated with your cousin's *profile* and not specifically to the Band. They'll use the Band to look up her profile but then they'll upgrade the ticket from there. The upgrade cannot be done ahead of time.

-After upgrading, if they *did* cancel prior days' FP+ reservations for her to keep her at a 2-day limit, you should be able to go in and copy your existing FP+ reservations over to her profile. I've seen the option on the website, and I presume it's also available on the phone app and at the in-park FP+ kiosks.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom