Magic Band Touch Point Novelty Sounds/Light

Coaster Lover

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Forgive me if this was already answered, but I know there are some limited edition Magic Bands that generate a special sound effect/light display when they activate the touch-point. Does this feature work all the time (regardless of the season), or only during the special season when it was bought? For example, I know that they have a special edition Magic Band for Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party 2015 that, when you touch the touchpoint, the way the circle lights up is reminiscent of a pumpkin (small green "stem" at the top of the circle, the rest if green) and after the confirmation "chime" you hear what sounds like a wolf/dog howl. Will that only produce that effect at the touch points for 2015's MNSSHP and no other time? Will that work for 2015's MNSSHP and subsequent MNSSHP, but not during any other time of the year? Or will it always produce that effect, regardless of if I use it today, Christmas Day, or Memorial Day 2016 (just as examples)? Additionally, does it work at all parks/locations around WDW, or only at the park where that event was held?

WhatJaneSays

There are multiple bands that produce different sounds/lights.

The original grey Haunted Mansion band would sometimes make organ sounds, the current grey and/or purple Haunted Mansion ones don’t seem to. Most “limited edition” and some “event” bands seem to, but the “limited release” ones don’t. But that is sometimes hit-or-miss. My dad has a Stormtrooper band that makes the same breathing noise that the LE Darth Vader ones do but not the red light; we’ve tried other people’s Stormtrooper bands and they don’t make the noise.

JohnD

Forgive me if this was already answered, but I know there are some limited edition Magic Bands that generate a special sound effect/light display when they activate the touch-point. Does this feature work all the time (regardless of the season), or only during the special season when it was bought? For example, I know that they have a special edition Magic Band for Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party 2015 that, when you touch the touchpoint, the way the circle lights up is reminiscent of a pumpkin (small green "stem" at the top of the circle, the rest if green) and after the confirmation "chime" you hear what sounds like a wolf/dog howl. Will that only produce that effect at the touch points for 2015's MNSSHP and no other time? Will that work for 2015's MNSSHP and subsequent MNSSHP, but not during any other time of the year? Or will it always produce that effect, regardless of if I use it today, Christmas Day, or Memorial Day 2016 (just as examples)? Additionally, does it work at all parks/locations around WDW, or only at the park where that event was held?

If they take the trouble to program them, yes, the bands will set off different sound effects / colors at the touch points.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom