Magic Band Shipment

StarshipDisney

We are going in December for the first time since 2018. I know that the Disney policy on Magic Bands for past trips was to ship them to you 30-days prior to your trip. But that was when they were free.

Is that still the case? My concern is that since you must purchase them now, Disney may ship them to you immediately upon purchase...which is not what I want.

So, if I go into MDE now and select our Magic Band+ for the December trip, will Disney still hold the shipment until 30 days before the trip or will they want to ship immediately. Thanks.

JaxFLBear

Since you now have to pay for them, they typically ship out shortly after you order them. There's currently a delay in shipping due to the recent release of the new MagicBand+, but eventually that should be cleared up.

Upvote 0

StarshipDisney

Original Poster
So, they ship a battery powered device with a limited life immediately...even though you may not need to use it for months. I think that policy sucks...but thank you for letting me know.

Guess I'll order in MDE at the 45-day mark and hope for the best.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
I ordered our MB+'s as soon as they would allow it, at around 90 days out. We are still waiting for them. The order shows pending on the website. I too expected them to ship right away, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Hopefully they will ship by the 30 day mark.

Upvote 0

heapster411

I ordered mine 7/27/22. Following tracking and it indicates that I should be receiving it today, 9/1/22. Not bad since I live in Louisiana, and it's coming from Florida. I think it might have been easier to drive down there and pick them up, would have saved a couple of days!!!

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
My magicband+ still wont pair. I've been on the phone repeatedly with Disney. Still not working . . .
I've had pairing issues over the years with the earlier bands too, so the problem can happen with all of them. We have APs and have renewal certificates usually right before we go every year, and sometimes they wont pair with our accounts until they become real cards. We had to wait until we visited the park and went to the ticket booth and they sorted it out there. Took like 15-20 min to fix them, but they got them working.

Or its something else strange. Worst case, I would visit a park ticket booth and they will probably be able to fix it up.

Is it a pure pairing issue, or a technology/firmware upgrade issue?

Upvote 0

Raxel7851

I ordered mine 7/27/22. Following tracking and it indicates that I should be receiving it today, 9/1/22. Not bad since I live in Louisiana, and it's coming from Florida. I think it might have been easier to drive down there and pick them up, would have saved a couple of days!!!
We ordered ours 7/28/22. Just got an email this morning 9/2/22 that they shipped. We leave 9/6/22 for FW. Good thing we packed our old MBs. I wish they would have forwarded them to the resort so we could pick them up there.

Upvote 0

StarshipDisney

Original Poster
Well, one additional thing I learned from this thread is that Disney had a good plan and implementation for the original free Magic Bands. Just ship them 30-days in advance of your trip. Multiple trips and never had a problem. They always worked.

But the situations that I am reading about here regarding the now purchase of Magic Bands appear chaotic at best and to me outright shameful.

Cheapskate Chapek will never stop!

Upvote 0

StarshipDisney

Original Poster
So, a new update! I replied to the email that told me our new MB+ have been shipped. A very nice CM, Anastasia, replied in less than 30 minutes that they would send 2 MB+ to FW prior to our arrival. So we will have them for our trip, plus the 2 that were shipped when we return home.

So, they are letting you keep all 4 of them for the price of 2?

Upvote 0

Raxel7851

So, they are letting you keep all 4 of them for the price of 2?
Apparently they are! However, I’m not sure if the MB’s waiting for us will be the newer MB+, or the older MB2’s. I’m “assuming” they will be the +s. Others have posted about receiving $50 gift cards in addition to their new MB+ when they haven’t arrived in time for their trip. But I’ll let you know after we arrive on the 9th. To be honest, I’d be happy with the older style MB after reading about some of the issues with MB+. Especially the band not staying snapped.

Upvote 0

BWW

So, they ship a battery powered device with a limited life immediately...even though you may not need to use it for months. I think that policy sucks...but thank you for letting me know.

Guess I'll order in MDE at the 45-day mark and hope for the best.
The battery actually lasts for many years. Since it can only be used in the parks and resorts, it is dormant most of the time. The MB+ does offer some new features, but the actual battery is the same as the free ones sent out in 2015. If you still have an old one linked to your account, it should still work. I always pack the old ones just in case someone in my family loses one.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Well, one additional thing I learned from this thread is that Disney had a good plan and implementation for the original free Magic Bands. Just ship them 30-days in advance of your trip. Multiple trips and never had a problem. They always worked.

But the situations that I am reading about here regarding the now purchase of Magic Bands appear chaotic at best and to me outright shameful.

Cheapskate Chapek will never stop!
I'm no fan of Chapek either, but with the MB+, I think it's just the new device rollout pains. From this thread it sounds like they are now starting to ship more regularly, and for some of us that puts it at the 30+ day mark, but for others who have earlier needs like Raxel, it doesn't seem they could get them in time. I'm sure that has to do with stock availability, and the customizing of them with your name or whatever text you put on them.

I too never had an issue getting them in the past. I have 8+ of them laying around for myself alone since 2016. But this one was a bit more work to get them

On the website, it would only let me order the ones connected to my hotel reservation, not the ones connected to my APs because they are still certificate renewals, or the because of my split reservations, only the first reservation, not the second. I've never had to experiment with my account settings to figure out how to give Disney my money before. :p

But I bet it will be much smother for everyone in a month or too just like it always was in the past.

Upvote 0

StarshipDisney

Original Poster
But I bet it will be much smother for everyone in a month or too just like it always was in the past.

I also hope it gets better. But the current feedback is not very positive, and the premature rollout is a direct reflection of Chapek's poor money grabbing non-leadership.

As far as the future goes, we will see. But the past and present of the situation still do not reflect well.

Upvote 0

Raxel7851

Ordered our Magic+ Bands today, 05 September 2022. It SAID will ship within 10 days. Just hoping we get them before 03 December 2022.
We ordered ours 28 July 2022 and we finally received an email that they shipped 01 September. Unfortunately we left this morning for our trip. But they did tell us there will be other MBs waiting for us when we check in on the 9th at FW. I’m thinking you’ll be fine within your timeframe.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom