Magic band question- character designs?

wdwmom2+1

Original Poster
Hi even though we go to disney often we have never had magic bands- we normally stay off property and buy tickets there and have just never done the magic band.We are doing a trip and stsaying on property so our reservation has magic bands. I selected the colors but I see all these people with charcter ones- how do I upgrade the kids to the character ones?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
You can't upgrade the free resort ones you get, but you can purchase them there, on Shop Disney Parks App, or Disney Store online. You can have multiple magic bands and use all interchangeably once they are in your MDE account. I have probably at Least 20 or more bands now from free resort solid color bands to special ones. ;)

Rob562

Another option if you want to save a little money is to jazz up the plain-color ones you get for free, either by decorating them or by getting decals for them. Five out of six of my Bands have decals from www.magicyourband.com

As for the special design Bands that Disney sells, you can buy them just about everywhere on-property. It's a simple process to link a purchased Band to your account. (The sales clerks no longer do it for you) But be aware that not every design is sold in every location. If you want an idea of the full range of Band designs, download the Shop Disney Parks app. Except for certain limited-edition designs, you can buy all designs through there.

-Rob

correcaminos

Another option if you want to save a little money is to jazz up the plain-color ones you get for free, either by decorating them or by getting decals for them.
We did get a Nemo seagulls one for my son but most of the time we just decorate ours. Even little touches like doing the Mickey head with black gel polish. I do mine in sparkly nail polish. It's fun and a lot of people ask me where I bought them LOL

MickeyMomV

Another option if you want to save a little money is to jazz up the plain-color ones you get for free, either by decorating them or by getting decals for them. Five out of six of my Bands have decals from www.magicyourband.com

As for the special design Bands that Disney sells, you can buy them just about everywhere on-property. It's a simple process to link a purchased Band to your account. (The sales clerks no longer do it for you) But be aware that not every design is sold in every location. If you want an idea of the full range of Band designs, download the Shop Disney Parks app. Except for certain limited-edition designs, you can buy all designs through there.

-Rob
Those are awesome!! Thinking we are going to have to grab a few before our upcoming trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom