Trip Report Magic Band Express - Our Fastpass+ TR

cfry06

Can't wait for this report! We were hoping to have the bands rolled out by our Nov trip but now not so sure...

righttrack

Original Poster
Magicbands. Personalized, colors, etc.

magicbands_zpsdfaecf00.jpg~original

righttrack

Original Poster
OK, so here we are, back. Too much going on to post an actual live trip report but here are the initial thoughts:

Magicbands worked, about 90% of the time. Here are some stats and general info:

• Fastpass+ - Always worked
  • Room Access - Always worked
  • The App and Website - Sloooooowwww! Fix it! Sometimes buggy as well. If you are seeing odd things, sign out and sign back in. Seems to solve the problem.
  • Room charges - Worked except when down, only one time did this happen to me. A weird thing also happened, that I won't attribute to the bands which was the PIN that stopped working. A trip to the front desk and a PIN change later and we were off. We were given up backup room keys and my PIN (a new requirement) didn't work with it either. The wife and kids's however worked fine.
  • Three Fastpasses a day for us is not enough! We did better with paper, but with the Fastpass+ we ran less.
  • The Fastpass+ does not hop. It would have been nice to use 2 in the morning and 1 in the evening in different parks.
  • A "cheat" exists which is to enter one park with your band, and use all of your Fastpass+ in there, then enter your second park with the backup cards, and do paper Fastpass there. We did that a few days. Worked well, but I don't know how long that loophole will exist.
  • I don't know how much I like being greeted by name on rides.
More, plus some pics later!

ExtinctJenn

OK, so here we are, back. Too much going on to post an actual live trip report but here are the initial thoughts:

Magicbands worked, about 90% of the time. Here are some stats and general info:

• Fastpass+ - Always worked
  • Room Access - Always worked
  • The App and Website - Sloooooowwww! Fix it! Sometimes buggy as well. If you are seeing odd things, sign out and sign back in. Seems to solve the problem.
  • Room charges - Worked except when down, only one time did this happen to me. A weird thing also happened, that I won't attribute to the bands which was the PIN that stopped working. A trip to the front desk and a PIN change later and we were off. We were given up backup room keys and my PIN (a new requirement) didn't work with it either. The wife and kids's however worked fine.
  • Three Fastpasses a day for us is not enough! We did better with paper, but with the Fastpass+ we ran less.
  • The Fastpass+ does not hop. It would have been nice to use 2 in the morning and 1 in the evening in different parks.
  • A "cheat" exists which is to enter one park with your band, and use all of your Fastpass+ in there, then enter your second park with the backup cards, and do paper Fastpass there. We did that a few days. Worked well, but I don't know how long that loophole will exist.
  • I don't know how much I like being greeted by name on rides.
More, plus some pics later!
Great information! I'm betting you that loophole will disappear quickly. Quite honestly though that is the one piece I don't like about this entire thing (the fact that using the FP+ system you are limited only to those 3 FPs in a day and limited to the one park). It seems that FP+ should be separate from the normal FP system and if you don't have an active FP within the next hour you should be able to pick up another, just like the current system. But I digress... as I said that's my only complaint about the new system. And... come to think of it I don't think we've ever had more than 3 FPs in a single day anyway. LOL! :D

Greeted by name on rides? Can you elaborate? I can see my son LOVING that but I can also see how it'd get irritating.

righttrack

Original Poster
Greeted by name on rides? Can you elaborate? I can see my son LOVING that but I can also see how it'd get irritating.

When you scan your band for fastpass, your name pops up on a screen the fastpass person can see. They typically greet you by first name. Hello righttrack, have a magical day, righttrack

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom