Magic Band and canceling reservations...

mm52200

Original Poster
Hello all! My family and I are currently trying to decide whether or not to take apart of the MyMagic testing. Long story short we have a couple of different reservations made for the same period of time just because we're not sure if we want to use our points or cash, we just have some options. If we take apart of the test and get the Magic bands for our multiple reservations but end up canceling those other reservations is there any penalty or do we just now have some extra defunct magic bands?

dreamfinder

Well, all resorts on property are now participating in the "testing", so it doesn't really matter when you stay unless you stay off property. Even if you don't customize the bands, they will still be waiting for you when you check in. If you cancel after the bands have been shipped, I don't think there would be any fees associated with the MBs, just the normal cancellation fees. But since they don't ship until 30 days out (if you customize them) you would need to be doing a room only booking via the phone, or a DVC booking before your banking windows ends to be able to recoup the costs. Any package or room booked online would be subject to the cancellation fees.

mm52200

Original Poster
I understand that, we just have one reservation with cash and one with DVC points, we plan on canceling within the appropriate time to not be penalized but just wanted to make sure there was nothing extra with the Magic Bands to be aware of.

luv

Everyone is in. There is no decision to make.

You can "customize" the band (which means "pick your own color") or you can let them pick, in which case, you get the grey one.

I picked yellow. I didn't attach my AP to it, though, so I'm hoping it will only have to be a room key.

You wouldn't be penalized for switching hotels because of your band. It might cost more or less, depending on the hotel, but they wouldn't charge you differently for the band.

dreamfinder

I understand that, we just have one reservation with cash and one with DVC points, we plan on canceling within the appropriate time to not be penalized but just wanted to make sure there was nothing extra with the Magic Bands to be aware of.

Then you should be fine. They are eating the cost of the MB, just like they would eat the cost of your "Mickey Mail"/DME packet when you cancel. Despite the fact it sounds like they plan on charging a massive amount to replace lost bands (I think mostly to discourage people "losing" them or just being lazy), the actual cost of the bands is trivial. I think the box, and packing the bands in the box costs them more than the bands themselves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom