Made some changes for my trip!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well Im now staying an extra day because the flights home Sunday are insane. So I figured add another day, spend about $100 less dollars in flights, plus get 3 extra meal credits!

I also booked the Grand Floridian Cafe...

I read the reviews and they were kinda vague...anyone have any input on that place?

toystory 3

Is this "the" trip you have been talking about? I have read several posts about getting engaged and read that you are working on a HM proposal??

disneygirl1

Well Im now staying an extra day because the flights home Sunday are insane. So I figured add another day, spend about $100 less dollars in flights, plus get 3 extra meal credits!

I also booked the Grand Floridian Cafe...

I read the reviews and they were kinda vague...anyone have any input on that place?

That's awesome!!! Lucky you! I had heard great things about GFC. Enjoy!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Is this "the" trip you have been talking about? I have read several posts about getting engaged and read that you are working on a HM proposal??

Yes it is. I have LITERALLY been watching flights coming home for 4 months now...Even on the 5th to come home its $104 right now. It was $58 to get there! In reality the $104 aint bad but when I paid less than what it costs to fill my car to get there, the $104 kinda sucks.

Jessie&Buzz

Awesome that you were able to add a day. Flights are terrrible right now. My mom is going to Vegas in the morning and her flight was way up in price before it sold out. She booked it months ago and got a good rate. We are driving in Oct. My husband doesn't really like to fly and we figured we could take/bring back whatever we wanted that way without worrying about it fitting in a suitcase.

We just booked Grand Floridian Cafe for Oct. I've heard great things about it. We can't wait to try it.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Awesome that you were able to add a day. Flights are terrrible right now. My mom is going to Vegas in the morning and her flight was way up in price before it sold out. She booked it months ago and got a good rate. We are driving in Oct. My husband doesn't really like to fly and we figured we could take/bring back whatever we wanted that way without worrying about it fitting in a suitcase.

We just booked Grand Floridian Cafe for Oct. I've heard great things about it. We can't wait to try it.

I googled some pics of the GFC and it looks like somewhere youd go for a Sunday brunch. Saw some food, and dessert pics and it did look pretty good.

harveyt0206

I too have been considering extending my trip by a day, but since I have already made my flight reservations it would be extra. Right now our flight down includes a lay over in Atlanta, but I found a better flight leaving a day earlier and it is direct. Can't decide whether to go for it and spend the extra money on the flight change. Also, not even sure if they would be able to accommodate my room reservation for an extra night. You certainly have me thinking now.

Have a great trip. Looking forward the the post trip report.

mcstensrud

We have been to GFC may times for B-Fast and a few times for Dinner.
Very nice place,food is good,laid back atmosphere and elegant all at the same time.

RiversideBunny

If you're going in early September then you're probably running into the Labor Day effect.
If later in the month then I don't really know why.

Have fun.
:)

BTW- I've been wanting to try the GF Cafe myself. Seems like a nice place with good food and atmosphere.

Because of flights we extended our trip by a day too, only in our case we arrive a day early. We were able to add a day to the free dining package and booked breakfast at Tusker house for the day we were supposed to arrive!:drevil:

Oh the sacrifices we must endure.....

Rinkrat14

I what you mean I can't find any thing less than $139 on SW that Sunday getting back to Pittsburgh. Last year I did the same thing but my day was Saturday, so getting back a day later was actualy cheaper, plus one more day of food!

popsicletrees

Yes it is. I have LITERALLY been watching flights coming home for 4 months now...Even on the 5th to come home its $104 right now. It was $58 to get there! In reality the $104 aint bad but when I paid less than what it costs to fill my car to get there, the $104 kinda sucks.

Off topic but are you by chance flying AirTran? I only ask because of the price. Our next trip is in January, and I will be flying from Baltimore. One way tickets are $58. I've never flown AirTran. So, I was just wondering if you like that airline.

Anyways, I too have heard good things about GFC.

Crazy4WDW1

We had dinner at the GF Cafe this past February. I had the penne pasta dish. It was really good. The best part was the dessert . . .
n1130621491_1407672_2752.jpg

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Im not flying Air Tran...Southwest because I have giftcards.

Those desserts are really good looking...What is that a sample tray or what?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom