Mad T Party to close March 30

FigmentForver96

Was just on my way to post something about this. Truth be told it will not be to big of a loss to the park. It provided it some nighttime entertainment, but the theming of the props really crashed with the rest of the area (Not that the area was much better).

I wonder if this is a cut that was done because of the cutbacks being seen across the parks.

copper

Bring back Laser man from Electronica. I liked the ice carving too from Freeze the night! Is there no more booze at the Mad Tea party?

D

Deleted member 107043

I know I won't miss it. To me, the whole idea of a rave in a Disney theme park was weird and frankly, lame.

As someone who works in special events, enjoys partying now and then, and appreciates live music, I have to agree. It's very well executed, and the band is talented, but the crowd is mostly young kids with APs and it just feels awkward, especially when you're an adult standing there with a drink in hand watching go-go dancers gyrating on platforms to pulsating dance music. Also, as others have said, The Mad T Party destroys the aesthetics in that corner of the park during the day.

Speaking of lame dance experiences at DL, who here remembers Anaheim's version of Videopolis back in the 80s?

dldldl468771.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Disone

I am bummed this is leaving, I assumed it was going to go, but being that it is currently the "Diamond Mad T Party", I guessed it would last the reminder of the celebration. I am assuming this is part of the x% Disney is looking to cut across the board. It was fun while it lasted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom