News M&M'S characters now appearing for meet and greets at Walt Disney World

MerlinTheGoat

That’s up to you.
It was probably a bit too obscure of a joke for most people here to get. I'm not attracted to fictional green candy. But a certain "reporter" on a certain cable network (neither of which shall be named) apparently was. And he was very upset when she was given new "less feminine" shoes, ruining his attraction towards her as he said.

JohnD

It's now IMHO a subject best dropped as it can veer into the realm of things against site rules. The temporary removal not the actual M&G
I'm reacting to Mars Candy's announcement that they were discontinuing the characters. That's on them. If a publicity stunt up until the Super Bowl, then why the Meet and Greets now? It's a legitimate question. It's a disconnect to their recent announcement of discontinuing the characters.

MrPromey

I'm reacting to Mars Candy's announcement that they were discontinuing the characters. That's on them. If a publicity stunt up until the Super Bowl, then why the Meet and Greets now? It's a legitimate question. It's a disconnect to their recent announcement of discontinuing the characters.
Because we live in strange times where a candy company uses tactics to market their brands that were once only the tools of unfriendly foreign agents.

... and this very discussion shows the campaign working. 🤷‍♂️

Figgy's right.

JohnD

Because we live in strange times where a candy company uses tactics to market their brands that were once only the tools of unfriendly foreign agents.

Figgy's right.
Fine. Then continue the ruse up until the Super Bowl to keep everyone guessing and talking about their brand. On 2/13, resume the M&Gs.

Cmdr_Crimson

Figgy's right.
It's not just candy..If anyone recalls that "Smile" marketing campain that was happening this past summer.....
Fd7iRQ8UUAAISwS

MrPromey

The problem isn’t in any way, shape, or form the M&M marketing campaign. That’s a clever response.
We'll have to agree to disagree.

I'm of the opinion that just because the gunpowder is already there, it's not okay to shoot some sparks to sell chocolate and get a laugh from "the smart ones".

You're free to feel differently.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

JohnD

Fair enough. But I still stand behind it being a disconnect with their current campaign that the candy characters were "discontinued" but apparently are supposed to return at the Super Bowl. If that is the case, the M&Gs don't make any sense right now.

Ayla

Fair enough. But I still stand behind it being a disconnect with their current campaign that the candy characters were "discontinued" but apparently are supposed to return at the Super Bowl. If that is the case, the M&Gs don't make any sense right now.
It. Was. A. Publicity. Stunt. They were never going away.

JohnD

It. Was. A. Publicity. Stunt. They were never going away.
Can't you read? The publicity stunt has them returning at the Super Bowl. To be effective, the "stunt" should have them absent until then. A M&G now makes zero sense and defeats the purpose of their "stunt".

The characters are hard to find on their website. They are playing up Maya Rudolph to the hilt. (Yes, you can find them if search hard enough.) But they're doing M&Gs with the characters. Um, okay.

MagicHappens1971

Can't you read? The publicity stunt has them returning at the Super Bowl. To be effective, the "stunt" should have them absent until then. A M&G now makes zero sense and defeats the purpose of their "stunt".
The Super Bowl has nearly 92 million viewers, the Magic Kingdom doesn't see that many people in over four years. The amount of people that will see this M&G has a minute affect on their marketing campaign. Plus the candies aren't "absent", for example the yellow M&M is currently serving as the "spokescandy" for Snickers. If anything all this M&G is doing is stirring up more buzz for them.

JoeCamel

The characters are hard to find on their website. They are playing up Maya Rudolph to the hilt. (Yes, you can find them if search hard enough.) But they're doing M&Gs with the characters. Um, okay.
Okay I'll draw it out for you,

The gang is out of a job - Woman took it - gang needs job so doing M&Gs for now like fallen celebs do to generate a little cash
They come back at bowl due to popular demand to join with woman and all pull together to push the brand

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom