News M&M'S characters now appearing for meet and greets at Walt Disney World

doctornick

I’m always surprised they haven’t done Marvel M&Gs - maybe even a character meal - at Disney Springs. Don’t think it would be an issue with the Uni contract.

Regarding M&Ms, I’ve always felt that Hershey’s feels like a better fit for Disney in terms of being like classic americana. But obviously they already are in the theme park business themselves.

MrPromey

That was a publicity stunt
Yeah, it’s leading up to a Super Bowl commercial, I’m pretty sure.

Still, it is kind of weird timing to do it now instead of in a month, considering.

If the other marketing is effective, it’s surely going to make for some awkward questions by some guests at the store, I’d think.

Cmdr_Crimson

Weird timing, didn’t they just say the characters were being retired?
It's all for the super bowl....Like when they killed off Mr. Peanut..In other words folks...
aa39ff3a-a1ca-4904-8c22-c744aa10d203_text.gif

AndyS2992

I had already assumed this was a thing at all M&M World tourist trap stores anyway lol Not sure why people go here when a bag of M&Ms at Walmart cost a dollar or two when for the same thing, though yes you get the 'experience' of pouring them in to a bag yourself, costs like $10+.

Figgy1

Premium Member
That was a publicity stunt

Yeah, it’s leading up to a Super Bowl commercial, I’m pretty sure.

Still, it is kind of weird timing to do it now instead of in a month, considering.

If the other marketing is effective, it’s surely going to make for some awkward questions by some guests at the store, I’d think.

Yeah. Don't they need face characters of Maya Rudolph?

Darn I was beat to a Maya Rudolph joke.
It's now IMHO a subject best dropped as it can veer into the realm of things against site rules. The temporary removal not the actual M&G

Kirby86

On a serious (as serious as meet and greet candies can be) note I'm suprised that they didn't already have the spoke candies available for meet and greets already. The store in Times Square have had them forever. It just seems odd that this store would open without the characters and it would take a year to start this.

celluloid

On a serious (as serious as meet and greet candies can be) note I'm suprised that they didn't already have the spoke candies available for meet and greets already. The store in Times Square have had them forever. It just seems odd that this store would open without the characters and it would take a year to start this
Well before they moved the store from the Orlando location to here they had them.
The Disney Springs location opened during what was still Pandemic concerns where there was their caution and Disney's red tape.

Kirby86

Well before they moved the store from the Orlando location to here they had them.
The Disney Springs location opened during what was still Pandemic concerns where there was their caution and Disney's red tape.
I figured that covid may have had something to do with it. I wasn't sure if Disney had a blanket policy for their property of no meet and greets that M&Ms had to work with

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Am I the only one that thinks the M&M's story smells so god awful that I cannot physically be in there for more than 10 seconds?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom