News lululemon store coming to Disney Springs replacing the Trophy Room

Lilofan

I can't tell if folks are joking on this thread or not ... I would have said lululemon wouldn't be welcome because it is too popular and mainstream ... and not unique enough for DS. It will certainly do booming business, just as it does in every mid- to high end mall and lifestyle center around the country.
I don't think it's joking. Just reality 2020.

eliza61nyc

Awful, but I was thinking the same thing. It is not their target audience.
Who is DS's target audience?? They seem to have a very eclectic group of stores.
Coach, Antropologie, free people, tumi are all higher end purveyors. My young adult kids much prefer Uniqlo over world of Disney.
Can't see Lululemon having anymore difficulty than say Kate Spade, or Alex and Auni?
I would think Lily pulitzer would be a weird match also.

Lilofan

Who is DS's target audience?? They seem to have a very eclectic group of stores.
Coach, Antropologie, free people, tumi are all higher end purveyors. My young adult kids much prefer Uniqlo over world of Disney.
Can't see Lululemon having anymore difficulty than say Kate Spade, or Alex and Auni?
I don't think it's no longer there but in the late 1990s Disney Springs had a cigar store where one can smoke inside the store and outside. That cigar smoke when you walked by was intense.

eliza61nyc

I don't think it's no longer there but in the late 1990s Disney Springs had a cigar store where one can smoke inside the store and outside. That cigar smoke when you walked by was intense.

I think they still do. It was/is called Sosas cuban cigars. I don't think you can light up anymore though.

mdcpr

I was referring to Lululemon, not DS itself. Not every store at DS makes it, and one that caters to the yoga-minded audience, AND which CEO said that larger women should not be wearing their brand, is not one that the average WDW visitor will be welcomed at.

Lilofan

I was referring to Lululemon, not DS itself. Not every store at DS makes it, and one that caters to the yoga-minded audience, AND which CEO said that larger women should not be wearing their brand, is not one that the average WDW visitor will be welcomed at.
Last time I browsed inside the yoga clothing store the sizes ran up to size 12. Anyone size 12 or more may have difficulty finding their size.

eliza61nyc

I think though my examples of the other stores point to the fact that many stores don't need the "average" visitor to succeed. Many of them have "niche" markets. Tumi luggage and Lily Pultizer definitely have their own niche of customers.
The cigar store is another great example of this, I would think the average WDW visitor does not smoke stogies.
Also with women's clothing you have shoppers that will come into your store not for themselves, so for example while I may not wear Lululemon, I may have a daughter, neice etc who does.

Tyler161

I see Lululemon doing just fine at Disney Springs. It it’s target audience is definitely not just yogi’s anymore. In fact Lululemon is now competing with Nike’s market share. The company has posted record high profits and will probably continue to do great business into the future.

dreamfinder

The target audience is definitely not the overall Disney guest. Look for the store to shutter in 1-2 years.

Actually saw their logo on alot of people this past trip. Maybe it was just all the attendees at the conferences at the hotels we were staying at (BC had a medical software conference that seemed to cater to women and CS had a Women in Aviation conference) but I saw more than enough lululemon gear to justify them opening a store.

Lil Copter Cap

AND which CEO said that larger women should not be wearing their brand, is not one that the average WDW visitor will be welcomed at.

This was the original CEO who is no longer with the company and hasn’t been since 2015. The current CEO, Calvin McDonald, comes from Sephora & has done a lot of great things for the company.

lululemon at Disney Springs will thrive. The amount of annual cheer, dance, and volleyball participants that travel outside the Disney bubble for lululemon in Orlando will keep the store afloat alone.

Time will tell.

mdcpr

This was the original CEO who is no longer with the company and hasn’t been since 2015. The current CEO, Calvin McDonald, comes from Sephora & has done a lot of great things for the company.

lululemon at Disney Springs will thrive. The amount of annual cheer, dance, and volleyball participants that travel outside the Disney bubble for lululemon in Orlando will keep the store afloat alone.

Time will tell.
Time will tell considering who knows when they will open again.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Time will tell.
I agree. It think it has a lot of appeal and will do well.

the.dreamfinder

Time will tell.
I miss the quality of their old running shorts though 😞. Those things were built like tanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom