News Lucky Brand at Disney Springs to close

Mesmer92

In the Parks
No
Genuinely never heard of this store until it opened at Disney Springs. I can't help but laugh at some of the idiotic claims that Springs is pedestrian when it is so clearly the best shopping center in the Orlando area. It's devoid of the ghetto of Florida Mall and the god awful traffic of Millenia; plus it has great places to grab a drink...what more could you ask for?

Lilofan

Genuinely never heard of this store until it opened at Disney Springs. I can't help but laugh at some of the idiotic claims that Springs is pedestrian when it is so clearly the best shopping center in the Orlando area. It's devoid of the ghetto of Florida Mall and the god awful traffic of Millenia; plus it has great places to grab a drink...what more could you ask for?
Mall of Millenia while upscale is also part of being in very rough part of Orlando. Don't go in any side streets. At least it doesn't have the streetwalkers looking to make a living in the local streets by the FL mall.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Hate seeing more people lose their jobs, but I don't care for the generic mall that Downtown Disney became. Do Locals really go there to purchase clothing?
A lot of that 'generic mall' that many feel of Disney Springs is actually retailers who opened there to target international visitors. You have to keep in mind that WDW is a huge international tourist destination and those visitors like many of those stores. If they weren't at Disney Springs, they'd take a bus trip to a local mall to shop at them. Unfortunately, that customer base has disappeared this year and the 'generic mall' stores no longer have a customer.

MrPromey

If you're a tenant, a flow of guests who will buy what you're selling would be a reasonable ask, I'd think.

For the prices they apparently had to charge to make a profit in Disney Springs, it seems like that didn't work out for Lucky Brand, a company that has many of their own stores in malls (18 here in Florida with two already in Orlando) and is sold by other retailers like Macy's and Nordstrom along with online retailers like Amazon.

Unless the people that like to grab a drink* and walk around Disney Springs are also buying stuff at these stores at the recognizably inflated prices being charged, it doesn't matter how premium of a mall/shopping center experience Disney makes it, normal mall-style stores that make it possible to draw comparisons to Florida Mall and Millennia that aren't willing to write off their place there as brand awareness marketing will continue to not survive.

*and I don't mean that as a specific dig against you. I know nothing about you. You may buy most of your clothing in Disney Springs for all I know but I've seen a number of locals on these forums who share that sentiment of liking to go hang out down there who, on further discussion, may sometimes have a meal or have at one point or another bought something from a shop during one of their visits but mostly want to just get a few drinks and people watch. While that might be a wonderful, almost-free experience for people like that, it won't keep any "mall" afloat and most businesses regard that kind of guest as a loiterer.

Last edited:

ThatMouse

Hate seeing more people lose their jobs, but I don't care for the generic mall that Downtown Disney became. Do Locals really go there to purchase clothing?
It's a premium mall too which is even worse. I think it's mostly vacationers who splurged on a trip to Disney and got injected with the Disney euphoria. Most people should not spend $120 on jeans unless they have been kidnapped, brought to Columbia to force their family to pay a ransom, and just need a pair of pants to get on the plane.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Carson was recommending Lucky Brand jeans first season of the original Queer Eye. Très chic!

But then again, "whisker" pattern fade in jeans was also 'in' for a while. As well as other pre-worn looking patterns and cutting which all looks so super fake and trying too hard. It's marketing. Not aesthetically pleasing.

Jeans are out. Colored pants (burgundy, mustard, hunter green, etc...) are in.

Sic transit gloria mundi.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

What would I rather do....Buy ridiculously expensive jeans that I could find at thrift store or purchase park admission...

vVhWZyU.gif

Obobru

Mesmer92

In the Parks
No
It seems businesses in Disney Springs don't last more than a couple of years. Does anyone have the turnover stats for DS.
Personally I see that as a great trait! A place like Disney Springs should have a rotating selection of stores every few years to keep things fresh, and I think they've done a remarkable job. The reason the old and ugly Downtown Disney failed (finally) was because of a lack of change. Even though Disney Springs is only 5 years old it still feel brand new because it hasn't become stagnant and dull

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom