LUCA presence at the parks

Cmdr_Crimson

Graphics don't look like anything previously from Pixar or Disney. Reminds me more of and animated Wallace and Grommit.
Looks like Cal Arts style strikes again..
521.jpg

But, keep in mind this was the first film from the director of the short La Luna and you can see that one character was just reused...
3b8ba786372d7d87bd2efa60445b2235.jpg

Heppenheimer

Graphics don't look like anything previously from Pixar or Disney. Reminds me more of and animated Wallace and Grommit.
I'm glad they changed up the style. Something new, for once, especially considering that Dream Works essentially uses the same character design now as Disney/Pixar (based on the commerical I saw for Spirit).

The Cinque Terre setting was a nice change, too. Especially since the last two Pixar movies were set in rather unaesthetic locations (never been a fan of NYC, and the world of Onward looks like an Ohio suburb).

Salted Nut Roll

I just watched Luca last night. I didn't have high hopes for it based on the the trailers, and I too was initially put off a bit by the animation style. But since it was free on Disney+ (none of that "premier access" nonsense for me!) I thought, "Eh, I'll give it a shot."
And I was pleasantly surprised by how much I ended up liking it. It was really sweet, with a lot more heart, charm, and depth (no pun intended! XP) than I was expecting.

I would definitely not be opposed to the film having some presence in the parks, as long as it's done in a way that makes sense. Disney has lately just been slapping down IPs willy-nilly without doing it in a way that makes said IPs seem like they belong there in some meaningful way. (see: the entirety of Pixar Pier in DLR) I don't know if WDW will ever deem the film worthy of any kind of presence, but I hope so, because I think this film deserves some love.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom