Loyalty to one Disney Hotel???

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
Does anyone else feel a loyalty to one particular Disney Resort?

Ive stayed at an All Star Resort my last 5 trips, and I LOVE them. This September, we're spending 3 nights at All Star Movies, and 5 nights at Old Key West. I feel a little weird about it.

There's something that just feels VERY Disney about the All Star Resort to me.

DCL

In the past i've always stayed at Dixie Landings... now, Riverside.. it's one of my favorite hotels on property, and it definately gives me that vacation feeling.

Upvote 0

Scooter

We have tried several resorts.

My first stay on property was the Contemporary.

When ever we stay at a differant resort I always wish I was at The Contemporary.

So we end up staying there about every other trip :lol:

Ya can't beat that view from the tower club and that nice gingerly walk to the Magic Kingdom.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

Im in favor of all star movies, just looking around at the huge movie sets and icons brings back my growing up with that "Disneyness" all around me. And being able to surround myself with it makes it so relaxing and soaked into the Disney feeling. I cant wait til im sleeping in one of the beds on thursday:)

Upvote 0

mickhyperion

It seems for most people that their first resort becomes their home resort. For me, it's the Port Orleans - French Quarter, primarily because the theming reminds me a lot of New Orleans Square in Disneyland. I tried three different resorts during my last visit while POFQ was being refurbed and, while they were all very nice and unique, none made me feel as if I had finally arrived. There was just something missing. I would like to try all of the other resorts eventually, but I think I'll only be able to stay away of POFQ every other visit. :)

Upvote 0

JMishy

Wilderness Lodge Resort! I've only been to WDW once and the WL is the only Resort I've been to. However, because it was my first WDW experience and my honeymoon, it marks WL as something extremely special. I've been trying to get myself to try another resort, but I can't get myself to do it. However, during our next trip, I'll at least visit the other resorts. We saw the Poly last time because we went to the Luau, but that was it!

Upvote 0

Heyyall

we stayed at Caribbean Beach for 9 years in a row, and only changed to Coronado because CB was closed for renovation. We were a little nervous about it at first. but we ended up liking CS even more, and now we stay there.:)

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Our favorite is AKL. It was incredible. Next is Contemporary and I'm sure the new Shades of Green will be right up there.

But my goal is to stay at every Disney resort. I want to try them all! AKL will get me back soon because of the special tours for concierge guests that Akira mentioned.

Upvote 0

SnowWhite5669

If it's on Disney property I am happy, although my absolute favorite is Beach Club! Can't beat the pool! We are headed to the Contemporary in less than 28 hours!!! I am so excited:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

dae_woods

A few years back we tried Dixie Landings (Port Orleans Riverside) and havn't switched since. This will be our fourth straight trip to POR! WOO!!!

Upvote 0

nicholas

I don't have an emotionally loyalty to any resort, but more of a pocketbook loyalty. Two times at POP this year already with another one next month probably. Maybe once I'm rolling in the dough, I'll stay elsewhere, but for now, I'm kinda stuck :p

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

It is so hard for me to plan a trip to anywhere but the Polynesian. Everytime I think of a different resort, I just decide to stay at the Polynesian instead.

Upvote 0

nikechic

Originally posted by luvJC4saken
Since we're DVC members, our loyalty is naturally to the resorts w/ vacation villas, but it's our tradition to stay in OKW. I love the villas there. So spacious. It's like you're in a small cottage. Really almost like I'm back home, even though I'm miles away from my real home.

This comming summer we'll use our points for the BW. I can't wait. I've strolled the BW w/ my fam, and I can't wait to stay there!

Agree with the loyalty to OKW. :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0
Love the Boardwalk Villas....love the atmosphere. Love the pool. Love ESPN Club, Jellyrolls and the Bellevue Room.

That said, we like trying different resorts. We like variety and don't want to get stuck in a rut. So this year, CBR for an econo vacation and then next year Beach Club Villas....then probably back to BWV....

Upvote 0

DivineMadness7

My grandparents have strict loyalty to the contemporary...I mean, it's where they've stayed on trips ever since the first time they went...

My parents and I on the other hand, used to feel a loyalty towards Dixie Landings (yes, you heard me) but once it went down for rehab, we had to find another place to stay...

and that was the Wilderness Lodge, which we NOW feel a loyalty towards....:D

Upvote 0

DCL

Love the Boardwalk Villas....love the atmosphere. Love the pool. Love ESPN Club, Jellyrolls and the Bellevue Room.

I'm staying at the Boardwalk Villas for the first time ever this June. A friend of mine with DVC stays in the Boardwalk Villas all the time.. it's such a beautiful resort, I can't wait to try it out

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Dreamflight4Eva
I'm staying at the Boardwalk Villas for the first time ever this June. A friend of mine with DVC stays in the Boardwalk Villas all the time.. it's such a beautiful resort, I can't wait to try it out

You will have a good time.
:D

Upvote 0

Chefjason1974

Prefer smaller hotels! Hence the POFQ & Wilderness Lodge (See BElow) I have stayed at the larger All Star Resorts & i Felt Like Cattle!! & everything was so far away from the room especially the pool bar!!!:-0

Upvote 0

BruS

For the past four years My Family and I have stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and we absolutely LOVE it! As a kid, may first three trips to Disney we stayed at Royal Plaza and I liked that but I really love the feel at Riverside. The staff is wonderful and treat us like royalty. I must say that many other resorts on property are very tempting---but we've just decided to keep our tradition going!
We're all counting down the days until May 15th!!!!!!!!

Bruce

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom