Lower level cabins

TiggerDad

Original Poster
We are considering booking a cabin on level 1 or 2 as they seem to have connecting rooms available at a much cheaper price point. What are the pros and cons of being down there on the Magic? I know it's closer to the exit and restaurants but further from the pool. Is the engine noise loud? Do you feel the motion more?

Club Cooloholic

We are considering booking a cabin on level 1 or 2 as they seem to have connecting rooms available at a much cheaper price point. What are the pros and cons of being down there on the Magic? I know it's closer to the exit and restaurants but further from the pool. Is the engine noise loud? Do you feel the motion more?
So I was on deck 2 for our trip on the Magic. I thought it was great. The lower the deck the less motion you will feel on a cruise ship. And even less motion of you can be in a room near the center. We never heard any noise above us. You will feel the stabilizers more down there on port mornings as it docks but that is about it. Again, if further back maybe some more engine noise. Only thing is obviously you can't have a balcony, but our porthole was neat to look out of, and our cruise was in the winter, so we knew we might not get a ton of use from the balcony, anyway.
But yeah we chose deck 2 to save about $900 on the trip and to me I preferred saving the cash. Another thing too is the Magic is a really a perfect size getting around is a lot easier IMO compared to say the Dream, so location is not as important.

Last edited:

Surfin' Tuna

I have to agree that getting around on the Magic is not a concern at all. It's a perfect sized ship and never feels crowded, so I would not let that affect my decision. We always book a veranda room, but I am starting to rethink the wisdom of that. There is always so much to do on the DCL ships that I spend very little time in the room anyway except for sleeping. I think I would sleep much better with the extra money in the account, so I would consider that. If nothing else, it's a lesson learned for the next cruise. There's always a next cruise...

Maelstrom Troll

We have stayed in room 2012 twice on the Wonder and a similar forward porthole room on the Magic and we love it. It is really easy to access the bars and both rooms have been pretty quiet. Only once or twice have we heard the piano bar above but it's actually kind of relaxing.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
We have just got off a 7 night European cruise . Deck 2. I would recommend midship. No noticeable engine noise and was pretty smooth on a "lumpy" overnight between Sweden and Norway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom