Low Hanging Fruit

Fox&Hound

Original Poster
People often discuss ideas for new E-ticket rides that should come to the parks or IP that would make for an exciting new land, but what about the small, little changes that would make a big difference? What low-hanging fruit is Disney ignoring in favor of spending millions on blockbuster E-tickets?

My proposal for small, relatively cheap enhancements Disney could do that would make a BIG difference to park-goers:
  • New game sequences added to Toy Story Mania (something that was discussed when the ride was first built)
  • Show original SOARIN in some of the current ride theatres to give guests a choice
  • Add a playground attraction to DHS similar to Dumbo area in MK, Boneyard in AK, or play area in Mission Space
What low hanging fruit park enhancements would you recommend for Disney Parks that would not cost a lot but would add up to a big difference?

rct247

Soarin with randomized scenes or entire films.

Return of Country Bear holiday overlay.

Return of the Citizens of Hollywood and maybe even Citizens of Batuu.

Updated Carousel of Progress

Return of some of the Summernightastic effects to Tower of Terror

Expanded Walt Disney Presents

Updated Impressions de France

Return of British rock band in the UK pavilion

Virtual reality Past Rides upcharge experience in NBA Experience building

Rotating limited time engagement of the Return of Honey, I Shunk the Audience and Magic Journeys.

Coco overlay to Mexico boat ride

ppete1975

more street atmosphere, and turn some of the water features back to water features instead of planters. I would like something done about EVs and strollers. IF you need one thats fine, but ive seen people with strollers using them to haul stuff around with no kids.. and I doubt some of the EV usage is necessary (then again that might just be a human laziness problem more than a Disney issue).. and no im not knocking everyone with an EV. Make sure everything is spotless, do something about the cheerleaders and tour groups. Disney really could handle that by working with the tour groups and chaperones. I am fine with everyone having fun, but it should never disrupt others fun. I also think they should be a little more on top of drinking at Epcot, more police presence in that way just looking for the people that have had just a little too much, and watching for over served individuals.

Club Cooloholic

People often discuss ideas for new E-ticket rides that should come to the parks or IP that would make for an exciting new land, but what about the small, little changes that would make a big difference? What low-hanging fruit is Disney ignoring in favor of spending millions on blockbuster E-tickets?

My proposal for small, relatively cheap enhancements Disney could do that would make a BIG difference to park-goers:
  • New game sequences added to Toy Story Mania (something that was discussed when the ride was first built)
  • Show original SOARIN in some of the current ride theatres to give guests a choice
  • Add a playground attraction to DHS similar to Dumbo area in MK, Boneyard in AK, or play area in Mission Space
What low hanging fruit park enhancements would you recommend for Disney Parks that would not cost a lot but would add up to a big difference?
I love this idea. I think for Soarin, they could make it that every other day features the old and new sequence.
Since Honey closed DHS has definitely needed something, especially since that was probably the best play area for kids. For some reason this seems like it should have been a Toy Story no brainer. They also need to bring back MK scavenger hunts.

anna H

maybe having an art attractions where they can look at different concept arts and designs of movies and attractions, maybe even have a place where families can make a piece of art or interact in an art course.

Kramerica

Im only mentioning this because we happened to ride this attraction for the first time in years over the weekend. A good refurb to Space Ranger Spin would be a nice thing. That ride is a real people eater and it’s a shame that it’s in the shape that it is.

Also, add a way to accurately aim your blaster. It’s super frustrating that the only way to tell where your shooting is a brief, faint red dot that can get confused with anyone else’s brief, faint red dot. So you never really know where you’re hitting and makes for an unsatisfying experience. Maybe add different color lasers that correspond to your blaster? Just a thought. Could really breath new life into that ride for not a lot of money

Adding different scenes to Midway Mania seems like an obvious one too.

Smiley/OCD

I love this idea. I think for Soarin, they could make it that every other day features the old and new sequence.
Since Honey closed DHS has definitely needed something, especially since that was probably the best play area for kids. For some reason this seems like it should have been a Toy Story no brainer. They also need to bring back MK scavenger hunts.
They have 3 “theaters” for Soarin’…Cali goes in one and they can keep the world in the other 2…secondly, take a walk around the parks AND resorts and REPLACE SOME LIGHTBULBS

doctornick

putting a new nightshow show in DAK in the already existing theater

Daytime water show in the Fantasmic theater in DHS

adding a "walk through" trail with AAs in Pandora in DAK

getting Ducktales up and running (if it is even still planned) replacing Agent P in Epcot

putting in a proper M&G in Galaxy's Edge for droids and/or Chewbacca (would still fit the timeline)

bring back the March of the First Order and stage it in GE

Have streetmosphere of a band (with at least one "alien" member) playing greatest hits from SW in GE

use the existing tech to create a new game to replace SotMK

bring over PTN and actually have a light a parade again in MK (or run it in DHS)

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
  • Have randomized countries in Soarin' Around the World
  • Have randomized scenes in Mickey's Philharmagic
  • Bring back both seasonal show to CBJ
  • A Halloween overlay for Jungle Cruise
  • Add updated effects to Peter Pan's Flight similar to DL's
  • Have guests design TT cars on phone rather than have a holding room for it
  • Add a new film or re-film Muppet*Vision (still including all current effects)
  • The Magic Eye Theatre is the lowest hanging fruit in existence at WDW
  • Scavenger hunt on Tom Sawyer Island
  • Fix the canyon effects in BTMRR
  • Add a finale descent scene in SSE
  • Update Imagination
  • Use upstairs in the Imagination Pavilion
  • Re-Purpose Awesome Planet theatre into a NEW singing food AA show

JustAFan

I especially like your suggestion of extra scenes in Toy Story Mania. I like the idea of a ride where you can experience a different scenario each time. It adds to the excitement and encourages return rides. They've done that some with recent additions. Smuggler's Run varies. Live cast members add to a different experience on Rise. The new Guardians coaster offers many variations throughout the experience. Even Jungle Cruise gives you a different ride each time with the skipper's jokes. I would love to see that aspect explored more in new attractions.

doctornick

Add the explosives to BTMRR and Hatbox Ghost to HM at WDW (what they have at DL)

At show scenes (e.g. Primeval world or Grand Canyon or something new) to the MK Railroad

Add a boat ride/transportation back to the river at DAK. At least to get from one side of the park to another

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom