Love rain at WDW. Am I nuts?

hrcollectibles

Not crazy at all.. I have ived in Florida my whole life and I love the rain. I especially like going to the parks on a rainy day. The crowds seem to be less. Maybe its a fear that they may melt in the rain.. Its just water.. Besides I would rather be in a park than on the road. Its been my experience that people forget how to drive when it rains....

Ghall

I hate the rain as in Ireland we pretty much get rain everyday! We go to Florida to get the sun as that's something we don't get in Ireland. I love the heat and humidity in Orlando. I love getting off the plane and just been hit by the heat. But when it does rain in Disneyworld, we are well use to it and just put on our ponchos. It doesn't stop us going to the parks but I hate when they shut down some of the rides because of rain. If things closed down in Ireland because of rain we would never do anything!!!

elisatonks

no your not nuts, i also love the rain here in florida, esp when the lightening starts.

BTW outdoor rides usually only close if there is lightening for obvious safety reasons.

Princess Kaylee

It's probably because I live in the desert and see less than 5 inches of rain a year. But I actually root for rain when I'm in Disney World. Anybody else out there do this? Or am I just crazy? :shrug:
I love the diminished crowds when rain moves in. But it's not just that. Orlando has such tropical, jungle like plant life compared to Palm Springs. I feel like when it rains, that is being sustained. Some of my favorite memories at the World is sitting on the patio of my Disney resort and just watching and hearing the rain come down.
By the way, my wife thinks I'm crazy and would like nothing better that nonstop sunshine throughout our WDW trips. Any other crazy people like me?

I do too but not at night. It's chaotic getting out of the park during the rain.

DarthMileZ

The rain doesnt bother me, im from the UK so i get it every day 10x worse. loved the brief showers in the summer to cool off.... got my Darth Vader poncho ready.

what i cant stand is the cold. i went to disney paris and was stupid enough to wear ripped jeans (i was into Nirvana at the time and was a stressy teenager) i was sat waiting for lights motor action to start and my legs went purple xD

Daveeeeed

The rain doesnt bother me, im from the UK so i get it every day 10x worse. loved the brief showers in the summer to cool off.... got my Darth Vader poncho ready.

what i cant stand is the cold. i went to disney paris and was stupid enough to wear ripped jeans (i was into Nirvana at the time and was a stressy teenager) i was sat waiting for lights motor action to start and my legs went purple xD
Just went to Disneyland Paris a few weeks ago, and it rained twice with "chilly" weather in a 4 day period. If you're prepared (waterproof jackets & jeans) perfect weather to beat the crowds:)

jrogue

I love the rain in WDW (shorter lines, emptier parks, cools things down), but it's a real bummer if there is lightning and it closes the rides. Thankfully storms don't normally last too long there!

Jamie77

We were also at WDW 5/17-24 and never saw rain like that (including the tonado warning)! By the time we had left on the 24th there was almost 16 inches of rain. Never want to see a poncho again!

I was there around those dates 5/20-24, 2009 and remember walking in Epcot in calf deep water hoping lighting wouldn't strike me before I got to the overhang of the Tangierine Cafe in Morocco. 5/25 I left WDW - no rain. :mad: The sun remembered it was supposed to shine.

Stellajack

Premium Member
Do we really need comments on a 7 year old thread?
I actually wandered over to this thread because of current TS formations that could impact the US, and I find it absolutely refreshing that others might have done the same.

"worldfanatic", I lived out in Ft. Irwin, CA with my military husband many years ago, and never saw rain the entire time. Enjoy any and all tropical downpours that you get while on your trip to the 'World'! You may not see rain for awhile when you return home.

KeithVH

45386670.jpg

Jennygranny

I hate the rain as in Ireland we pretty much get rain everyday! We go to Florida to get the sun as that's something we don't get in Ireland. I love the heat and humidity in Orlando. I love getting off the plane and just been hit by the heat. But when it does rain in Disneyworld, we are well use to it and just put on our ponchos. It doesn't stop us going to the parks but I hate when they shut down some of the rides because of rain. If things closed down in Ireland because of rain we would never do anything!!!

The same story. I dont know any person from Uk that loves rain weather so much:)

Pixieish

I'm from New England, and the only rain we get here is chilly, dank, nasty rain. I absolutely ADORE the rain in Florida! It's warm, refreshing, and gives everything such a clean, freshly washed look! (I love watching heat lightning too!)

Our trip in 2015 was in mid-October, and we went to MNSSHP...it was POURING. I mean, inches-deep puddles everywhere pouring out. They delayed the Boo-to-You parade something like 3 times, but it finally went on. We spent the entire party in our pirate costumes, trick-or-treating and having a blast!

Mainahman

I'm from New England, and the only rain we get here is chilly, dank, nasty rain. I absolutely ADORE the rain in Florida! It's warm, refreshing, and gives everything such a clean, freshly washed look! (I love watching heat lightning too!)

Our trip in 2015 was in mid-October, and we went to MNSSHP...it was POURING. I mean, inches-deep puddles everywhere pouring out. They delayed the Boo-to-You parade something like 3 times, but it finally went on. We spent the entire party in our pirate costumes, trick-or-treating and having a blast!
Im originally from New England ha! We now live in TN, and we also love rain at disney. We pack our rain gear, and enjoy the parks while everyone else runs for the hills...

crxbrett

I'm from LA where it only rains about 30 days out of the year (or only 2 days like this past fall/winter has been like) and we only get a thunderstorm maybe once a year and only get a thunderstorm that compares to a Florida storm maybe once every 5 or 6 years.

So I love coming to DW in summer and seeing amazing thunderstorms and walking around the parks in the rain. I usually don't even bother with a poncho and just deal with being wet. It feels good to cool off anyways lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom