Love rain at WDW. Am I nuts?

Chrononymous

It has rained every time I have been to WDW,so it's an expected attration that we come to see. It also smells wonderful after each shower or downpour, and as many of you have said...the lines are non existant for many great attractions!

My mom and I like to tour the resorts on each trip...and we joke that it rains every single time we tour the Epcot resort circle.

We aren't kidding... It has happened 6 times...andwe have even caught it on video every time.
The last time it started to shower (seemingly out of nowhere) just as we set foot on the Boardwalk...poured as we ran through every resort...and stopped completely(as if by magic!) when we entered the gate back into Epcot!

No trip would be complete without the Rainy Resort Circle Tour!

worldfanatic

Original Poster
It has rained every time I have been to WDW,so it's an expected attration that we come to see. It also smells wonderful after each shower or downpour, and as many of you have said...the lines are non existant for many great attractions!

My mom and I like to tour the resorts on each trip...and we joke that it rains every single time we tour the Epcot resort circle.

We aren't kidding... It has happened 6 times...andwe have even caught it on video every time.
The last time it started to shower (seemingly out of nowhere) just as we set foot on the Boardwalk...poured as we ran through every resort...and stopped completely(as if by magic!) when we entered the gate back into Epcot!

No trip would be complete without the Rainy Resort Circle Tour!

That's funny.
Sometimes it just works out like that. I've been wanting to go to the Animal Kingdom during rain forever. I hear it brings out the animals on Kilamanjaro Safaris. But no luck!! It can rain all week, but not a drop when I'm at AK. Last september, about a half an hour after we left the park, it poured harder than I've ever seen at my life, but too late for me.
And yet, virtually ever time I go to the Magic Kingdom it rains. It's funny, looking at our photo albums from past trips, we're always soaked at MK. CMON WEATHER GODS!! SPREAD IT OUT A LITTLE!!!!!

hrcollectibles

I love it when it rains at the parks.. being a Floridian I am used to the rain showers that seem to come out of no where and last for 15 minutes.. I liek how it cools do the air (at times) and scares people away.. No Poncho needed here..Its just water

Chrononymous

That's funny.
Sometimes it just works out like that. I've been wanting to go to the Animal Kingdom during rain forever. I hear it brings out the animals on Kilamanjaro Safaris. But no luck!! It can rain all week, but not a drop when I'm at AK. Last september, about a half an hour after we left the park, it poured harder than I've ever seen at my life, but too late for me.

Last time I went to AK...it went from hot and brutal (suffered from heat exhaustion) to the biggest darned downpour I have ever seen there!

Happened suddenly in the middle of the parade, and since no one expected it, everyone near us ran to the closest overhang shelter...which was fine til it flooded! AK doesn't have any flat street surfaces anywhere! LOL!

We were absolutely soaked...but we weathered the storm...and the park was a ghost town when it finally stopped! The Safari was awesome!

Markz

My last visit was 6 days of rain, out of 7

(May 16th to May 23rd)

:zipit:

I'll pass on rain

(i'm from Quebec,Canada we hardly ever get nice sunny days like in Florida)

MinnieLee

My last visit was 6 days of rain, out of 7

(May 16th to May 23rd)

:zipit:

I'll pass on rain

(i'm from Quebec,Canada we hardly ever get nice sunny days like in Florida)

We were also at WDW 5/17-24 and never saw rain like that (including the tonado warning)! By the time we had left on the 24th there was almost 16 inches of rain. Never want to see a poncho again!

LiveyMouse22

I obviously don't want it to rain everyday but sometimes I like it when it's hot out and your just having a good day and then it starts to rain and you have to run everywhere you go and it's pretty funny. One year I was in such a good mood that when it started to rain everyone was running into stores and rides and I stood there with my shoes off (I don't think it's gross :shrug:) and just soaked it in - pun intended. I appreciate even the rain at WDW. I know where you all are coming from. :wave:

worldfanatic

Original Poster
I recently got back from a week at the AKL.
I was kind of bummed. Only rained twice. And one was just sprinkles.
Now I'm back home in the desert, where rain is sooooooooooo rare.

But hope springs eternal!
I'm booked for late July next year.
The absolute highest rain probability time of the year.

crxbrett

I thought I was crazy! I grew up in Los Angeles (the SF Valley and Santa Clarita valley to be exact) where it's dry and has hit as high as 118 degrees before. I too love the rain in WDW in the middle of summer. I love the humidity and beautiful, yet awesome electrical storms that also occur in the summer months. And it is awesome to go to a park after a thunderstorm hits and see how empty it can get in a hurry. If the rain lasts more than about an hour the crowd diminish quite considerably.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I thought I was crazy! I grew up in Los Angeles (the SF Valley and Santa Clarita valley to be exact) where it's dry and has hit as high as 118 degrees before. I too love the rain in WDW in the middle of summer. I love the humidity and beautiful, yet awesome electrical storms that also occur in the summer months. And it is awesome to go to a park after a thunderstorm hits and see how empty it can get in a hurry. If the rain lasts more than about an hour the crowd diminish quite considerably.

I've had an enjoyable dinner at 50's Prime Time (no, really) during a lengthy thunderstorm. When we came out, the temps were much cooler and the park was almost deserted (save for TSMM of course). It made the last couple hours of our day at DS much nicer indeed.....

TakeMeThere81

You're not too crazy! DH and I deal well with the rain too...and we love seeing the wussies run for it! We figure it makes the lines shorter :lol:

Pongo

I love rain at the parks! Riding BTMRR in the rain is a totally unique experience. Just running around and jumping in puddles and having fun in a summer rain. God, I love it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom