Love Disney World. Love Podcast. But I can't find a good Disney World Podcast.

JTT

Original Poster
Love Disney World. Love Podcast. But I can't find a good Disney World Podcast.

I've searched and listened to the top rated Disney & Disney World podcast (Dis-Unplugged, Unlocking The Magic, Best & Worst).

They are very rambling, sometimes uninformed and always there is a hyper-negative criticism. I want honest opinions but it doesn't have to be so negative.

Help me out, I'm open to suggestions.

lazyboy97o

Listen to the Season Pass Podcast. It is industry based but if you want a treat, listen to the Tony Baxter episodes or other ones with current or former Imagineers and design influencers.
Seconded. They just released an Eddie Sotto interview. The Themed Attraction Podcast is another, newer show focused on interviews with industry professionals.

Cosmic Commando

The one that I think is more what you're looking for would be the Be Our Guest Podcast. It's a trip-planning podcast hosted by three travel agents. They lean towards the pixie dust side, but they're still real people with actual opinions. If official Disney were 100/100 pixie dust, WDW Radio would 96, Be Our Guest is more like 70.

The others I'm listening to now that you might like:

- The Florida Project (news/variety show format)
- Mad Chatters (news/variety show format)
- The 3028 (loosely Disney history, and Disney "listory")

JIMINYCR

A lot of them repeat news that everyone is reporting on, just in different styles and approaches to the content. The issue I have is many of them have abrasive personalities and you have to just find the crew that you connect well with and can stand listening to throughout their shows. Funny how the Disney Podcast industry has exploded and you can find these Disney Authorities/ Experts/ Insiders all over the place.

tiggerlvr

Main Street Magic, DisDudes and Capture the Magic. Each one is a different combination of the same people. They are a pretty funny group of Disney fans. Not only do they do news, and announcements and whatnot, they have super fun episodes where they draft rides, resorts, etc. You should check them out!

PiratesMansion

A lot of them repeat news that everyone is reporting on, just in different styles and approaches to the content. The issue I have is many of them have abrasive personalities and you have to just find the crew that you connect well with and can stand listening to throughout their shows. Funny how the Disney Podcast industry has exploded and you can find these Disney Authorities/ Experts/ Insiders all over the place.

This is honestly the key to finding the perfect podcast. Most podcasts I've found tend to be ramble-y and loose, with the focus just as much on the personalities of each team as it is on their ostensible topic. While some podcasts are certainly more informed than others, the best podcasts are both informative and made up of people you enjoy listening to.

Also, ideally you want a podcast where the personalities/expertise is mixed (Season Pass Podcast is an ideal example here). If everyone has the same background or just regurgitates what everyone else has already said, it's worthless.

FettFan

Love Disney World. Love Podcast.

tumblr_mcbt6vuHzt1ro2d43.gif

EDIT - But seriously...WDW Radio with Lou Mongello.
Fair warning though: Lou's a bit of a pixieduster, and has been known to champion the parks even when they make decisions that don't necessarily jive with the larger fan community. (see: Frozen in Epcot)

Last edited:

Raineman

tumblr_mcbt6vuHzt1ro2d43.gif

EDIT - But seriously...WDW Radio with Lou Mongello.
Fair warning though: Lou's a bit of a pixieduster, and has been known to champion the parks even when they make decisions that don't necessarily jive with the larger fan community. (see: Frozen in Epcot)
I've been listening to WDW Radio for about 4 years, and I agree about Lou. Having said that, I would rather listen to a podcaster who is on the pixie duster end of the spectrum, rather than podcasts who do nothing but try to be edgy and criticize every move Disney makes. Plus, there are so many things that I've heard on WDW Radio about Disney history and theme park easter eggs that I didn't know, along with guests like Imagineers and Disney historians. The dining reviews are interesting as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom