Love Disney World. Love Podcast. But I can't find a good Disney World Podcast.

Kekscast

I’ve been listening to WDW Radio and lou‘s predecessing Show for about 15 years now. I agree, lots of pixie dust and a bit too cheesy sometimes. But production quality is very high end he’s super knowledgeable, so I still find many episodes very interesting.

The TTA podcast with/by RobPlays and his sidekick Christine is very good. I find them very funny, they have super creative ideas and don’t take themselves too seriously.

Not sure yet what I think about DisUnplugged, certain team members like to Rant. A. Lot.

I also enjoy enchanted tiki talk - the host just seems like a nice guy and simply makes me get my head into the bubble.

World_Showcase_Lover007

Go with these:
Disney Dish Podcast with Jim Hill and Len Testa
-The 3028 with Kev and Matt
-RetroWDW (if you wanted detailed attraction specific look backs)

-if you are inclined to listen to others, embrace the negativity, as honesty is better than comfort; too many podcasts hype things up but don’t really say anything

That being said, most of life is trial and error, so just try them all out. Just wish I could get back all those years of listening to pixie dusters talk about how tickets prices are justifiable and that Disney is a bargain for the value it gives, yada yada yada.

BigDlover

Are they owned by the company? I really enjoy their show from time to time but I can't remember them ever saying a single negative thing about the company.
No but Lou (the host) has connections that I'm sure he will do anything to not shake. He gets invited to media events and such and probably gets a lot of perks. He seems like a great guy and I enjoy his podcast for the deep-dive information. But I do have that problem with a lot of bigger podcasts and vloggers that are more connected and really making money off Disney second-hand - they don't want to lose that so they become a commercial in a lot of ways and it's hard to trust their "honesty". More Tim Tracker and his wife for me, they're bad at hiding it, than WDW Radio. However Disney is essentially how Lou makes money for his family of 4.

But I remember one time Lou and his family did a live podcast review from Geyser Point Bar & Grill. They got all this food to try and they were going on and on and on about how amazing it was the entire time. I've eaten there a few times and have enjoyed it every time but almost none, if any, WDW restaurants that I've been to are truly gourmet. For the most part, it's still theme park food. Some of it is great for a theme park but usually it's still not amazing quality. Maybe it's because I live in one of the country's best foodie cities but the whole podcast I was thinking, you guys are either being overly positive or you probably just don't know good food. And there's nothing wrong with that - I've never really explored Orlando as a city to experience their culinary scene and I'm sure his family practically lives in theme parks. But after experiencing the restaurant for myself, I found his review odd.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom