Love bugs are swarming

networkpro

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
They just came out in numbers in the past day or two. They are pretty bad near the. Mexico Pavilion.

Cmdr_Crimson

548c2336a2b88aef58e383b16a9ceabb_trending-quick-memes-love-bug-memes_516-464.jpeg

NelleBelle

Years ago we made the mistake of going to WDW during the height of love bug season. My 2 DS were 2 and 4-weeks old and I was probably a little sleep deprived and definitely fed up with the bugs: I'd find them crawling in the diaper bag, on the stroller, and when I saw them crawling on the baby, I totally lost my s***. I started swatted at the stroller cover and yelling, "that's it! I've had it!!" I think people thought I'd lost my mind and was yelling at my poor kids :p Lesson learned...we don't go during love bug season!

Kman101

Not sure what the time frames are for them anymore. I haven't seen any in my area, but when I was in Orlando the second to last week of March, my last day at Animal Kingdom they were swarming and I hadn't noticed them the few days before. I was a bit surprised as it was March. It was fun to watch guests think they were mosquitoes. They're harmless, but they can be a tad annoying.

GCTales

I remember attending several conferences at CSR and staying in the rooms at the back of the resort... Coming back to my room one night after drinks with prospective customers and having the door COVERED in love bugs.... Standing there and debating whether I wanted to open it and have them all get in... Or try to run to one of the pools to use the bathroom there.... I then realized that I would have to open the door eventually.....

zengoth

Apparently this is 1 of 2 swarms a year - the 2nd in late summer/early Sept. And, no, they weren't created in a lab by scientists hoping to devour the mosquito population (because, obviously, epic fail). But just yesterday, while enjoying swarm-free shade in between Norway and China, I listened patiently as a total stranger spread the myth and the lore of the Mighty Lovebug Terror.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I remember a few years ago, maybe 2011, when the first weekend of the F&W fest in late September, there was TONS of lovebugs....I was starting to wonder when they had moved the dates further into October in the next couple of years if it was due to that.

In small numbers I don't mind them, but the F&W fest to be very unappetizing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom