lounging with a view

SamN'Dean

Original Poster
Two of my out of town friends are coming into Orlando to meet and chat, and I wanted to bring them to Disney Springs, in particular the 3rd level lounge at Paddlefish- IMHO the best view, and a great place to just chill and chat with a drink or two, with nobody chasing you out if you sit for a couple hours.

Turns out one of my friends has developed a seafood issue, so they veto the Paddlefish, ditto the Boathouse. These are my two ultra faves, so much so that I hardly go to the others.

So I ask the group, in Your opinion, what spot has (preferably) a nice view, but also will let you just chill for an hour or so after having some apps and a drink or two. I'm hoping maybe Art's Homecoming? Jock's Hanger bar? Paradiso? I'm guessing Planet Hollywood outer deck isn't a place they like you to linger, or am I wrong?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

SamN'Dean

Original Poster
And I realize now that I thought I had put this in "restaurants and dining" and I am SO SORRY! If the mods could move it to the appropriate spot, I'd be very appreciative.

SamN'Dean

Original Poster

Tony the Tigger

World of Coke roof bar

This was a fun one time thing to do.

I would go to Art's as long as it's not too busy. Don't know much about the view from there, always sat inside.

Wasn't really impressed with Jock. Apps were meh except for one (and we went for apps and drinks.) We considered it a mostly wasted stop other than to look at the Indy-esque stuff all around.

I would consider the Disney Boardwalk or certain resorts as well!

SamN'Dean

Original Poster
This was a fun one time thing to do.

I would go to Art's as long as it's not too busy. Don't know much about the view from there, always sat inside.

Wasn't really impressed with Jock. Apps were meh except for one (and we went for apps and drinks.) We considered it a mostly wasted stop other than to look at the Indy-esque stuff all around.

I would consider the Disney Boardwalk or certain resorts as well!

Yeah, I'm not sure about the Coke bar, because I think they have the hard plastic chairs, and I want us to be comfortable. Thanks for the honest review of Jock's, that helps.

Art's has an "outside" porch area if I'm not mistaken- if so, I'm leaning that way. Although looking at their menu, they sure are proud of their fried chicken. Yeesh.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I would say the Hanger Bar would have a decent view of the lake.

I can understand your friend's issue with seafood, I hate it and the smell too, but I think that the Boathouse would have the best views and there is a ton of seating outside at the Boathouse. My husband loves seafood so I finally relented in March and the meal I had there was excellent. I had a burger and we also had the truffle fries. I think the burger I had there was one of the top burgers I've had in my whole life and if you were sitting outside you probably wouldn't smell any seafood unless someone in your group orders it. So maybe let them look at the menu and see. Just a thought from a seafood hater.

I would also recommend Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge! But if it has to be at the Springs, the Margarita Bar has great outdoors seating with a view, and often live music! No food, but you could always grab something from Earl of Sandwich just across the way!

SamN'Dean

Original Poster
I would also recommend Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge! But if it has to be at the Springs, the Margarita Bar has great outdoors seating with a view, and often live music! No food, but you could always grab something from Earl of Sandwich just across the way!

Oh yes, thank you for reminding me of this place! I passed by there on my most recent trip to the Springs, and there was a musician playing and the new lights looked so beautiful. I thought to myself, "THIS is what the old Marg Bar has become?! What a glow up!"

That's definitely on the top of the consideration pile, although in all honesty- considering that the weather forecast is looking pretty bad, we may not head to the Springs after all, but stick around the I-Drive 360 area. But I truly DO appreciate everyone who contributed to this thread!

NiarrNDisney

Though the food isnt the greatest I have always enjoyed a few drinks on the deck of Rainforest Cafe/ Lava Lounge. The upstairs patio at Bongo's has a beautiful view of the lake, Landing, and Marketplace.

Last edited:

Rlandrigan

Agree that Jock's is a great spot with unreliable food, but man, your question made me lament the cancellation of the Highline elevated dining...hope y'all have a great evening wherever you end up!

susan lees

If you decide to stay near i drive 360 the yard house is great and the covered porch allows you great views of the wheel. Good range of small plates to share :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom