Lounges that serve your favorite dishes

Mukta

Original Poster
We all have favorite dishes at the World, but sometimes we can't get a reservation or we don't want to waste a lot of time at a restaurant just to have that one dish.

I thought we could make a list of the dishes we love that are served in the lounges.

For example, the bread pudding and the chicken wings served at 'Ohana are available at the Tambu Lounge.

The famous mushroom soup at Artist Point is available at the Territory Lounge.

Any others?

Sweet Melissa

A wild boar appetizer or cheese board at the Cape Town lounge comes to mind, but of course it's so small that sometimes it's harder to get into the lounge than it is it eat in Jiko's dining room.

The bluezoo lounge serves the full restaurant menu, plus a few pub items of its own. The crab nachos are a great appetizer to share with a group.

The dim sum basket for two is another great one to share, at the Yak and Yeti lounge. That bar is seriously teeny, though. There are only a handful of seats. I don't know if I'm incredibly lucky to have always scored a seat at the bar when I've tried to go, or if people genuinely don't realize it's back there.

I love going to the Sanaa lounge for the potato and pea samosas.

Hockey89

Crews Cup is very nice..... The Burger and fries are pretty tasty... They will ask you how you liked it cooked, but it's always well done but still tasty....Plus, Opus One by the glass :)

danyoung56

About a year ago I started showing up at the bar in the California Grill, at first just for drinks, but eventually eating food there. You can order anything off of the dinner menu, and you don't have to wait 6 months for a rez! I love the Spicy Kazan Roll, sushi with a spicy sauce on it - yummmm!!!

Sans Souci

About a year ago I started showing up at the bar in the California Grill, at first just for drinks, but eventually eating food there. You can order anything off of the dinner menu, and you don't have to wait 6 months for a rez! I love the Spicy Kazan Roll, sushi with a spicy sauce on it - yummmm!!!

This is good to know, since I am checking in at BLT Saturday night and dining solo. Do you just walk up to the podium and tell them you want to go to the lounge? I have only eaten there, so I know they have to bring you up, etc...

NiarrNDisney

I have a few:

BlueZoo Lounge - Crab Nachos
Oysters from the Raw Bar

Crew's Cup - Lobster Sliders (Unfortunately removed from the menu but the Lobster rolls are just as good)
Roasted Beet Salad

Territory Lounge - Mushroom Soup
Pinot Gris Fondue

Victoria Falls - Breads an Dips

Wave Lounge - Mahi Mahi Street Tacos
Vegetarian Flatbread

worldfanatic

In addition to having my favorite lounge atmosphere in all of WDW, Victoria Falls @ AKL has several unique & very yummy things on it's menu.
The African Tapas plate and Breads & Spreads platter are standouts.

danyoung56

Do you just walk up to the podium and tell them you want to go to the lounge?

Yup. The only trick is to not go too near fireworks time. For instance, the night I'm dining there the fireworks are at 10pm, and I'll be arriving around 7:30pm. Oh, and also once they had just sent a bunch of people up, and the bar area was kinda crowded. They told me to check back in 20 minutes, which was just enough time to take the monorail around the loop. When I returned they sent me right up.

Enjoy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom