Trip Report Lots of New for The Same Old Crew

Hello, hello!! I'm back!! I assume you all remember me considering I just wrapped up my last TR less than 24 hours ago!! :hilarious:

WHO: As the title says--The Same Old Crew!!
IMG_7032.JPEG

WHERE: The Yacht Club!! E found that awesome AP deal during our October/November trip!!
IMG_8816.JPEG

WHEN: Friday, January 22nd - Monday, January 25th

BACKSTORY: J had either Friday or Monday(I can't remember which) off school so he would only have to miss one day. I usually work Sundays & if I'm not there that means my boss has to work. I originally booked my room for Friday & Saturday night & booked an early flight out Sunday morning so I could still work the late shift that day. When I asked him about having Friday & Saturday off as my 2 days off for the week he said that was fine. He asked me about Sunday & I told him that I figured I would have to work but......E & J were staying until Monday. He told me he would work for me on Sunday so I could stay longer!! Woo Hoo!! An extra full day in Disney!! I ended up flying home early Monday(E & J had a later flight) so I could work the late shift that day.

As it turned out it was cheaper to fly home on Monday so I ended up with a Southwest credit!! I tried to add an additional day on to the room & it wouldn't let me. I just ended up booking another reservation for Sunday night & it was at a lower rate than the already low rates we had for Friday & Saturday!!

We had a 10:30ish flight. I drove to the airport b/c when I landed on Monday I would literally have to drive right to work to be able to make it on time. Since E & J's flight was later JSR was going to pick them up when they got back.
Gotta take the pic to remember where I parked the car. I'm glad I remembered to do that b/c something bizarre happened to me right before that. For whatever reason I ended up not driving through the area where you get your parking ticket. So---how was I to get out come Monday?? Also, I was still scratching my head on how I even got in--to this day I still can't figure it out. Of course, no one was around for me to ask so I decided not to worry about it until Monday. I figured the worst that would happen was that I would have to pay the max rate for not having a ticket. Not what I would really want to do but whatever.
IMG_8780.JPEG

We stopped at Chick-fil-A for some breakfast.
IMG_8781.JPEG

And Dunkin' for coffee. Darn Starbucks still isn't open!!
IMG_8782.JPEG

It was pretty full at our gate so we sat at another one that was empty.
IMG_8783.JPEG

We were leaving typical Pittsburgh weather behind.
IMG_8784.PNG

And headed for this!!
IMG_8785.PNG

As we got on the plane E saw 2 seats in row 2 were empty. There was an aisle seat in row 1 that was empty also. They sat in 2 & I sat in 1.
IMG_8788.JPEG

No SVU on that day but another favorite of mine was so that made the time go by real quick!!
IMG_8789.PNG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
So glad to see you started your new TR! We had an incident with the parking lot situation on our February trip which caused my DH to feel stressed but it all worked out in the end so hopefully yours did too! Nice that you were able to get the front seats in the plane. :)
Thank you!! It did work out but I'm still confused as to how it all happened!! I was quite surprised that we did!!
I’m here!

Wow an open seat in row one is pretty rare! It’s my preferred seat on SW because I’m so long legged. I’ve only been able to snag it once or twice though.
Welcome!!

I'm short but welcome the extra leg room myself!! It wasn't all a bed of roses though. The 2 women next to me(& they weren't together) said something to each other & the next thing you know they talked, & talked, & talked the entire flight--in another language!! I couldn't understand a word they were saying(not that I was trying to eavesdrop) but it got quite annoying b/c they were talking over each other the whole time!!
They have an awesome breakfast bowl.

Here for the journey!
Never tried that. I like the chicken minis!!

Glad you're here!!
I like the new title! Following along!
Thank you!! I stressed for so long about it. I usually don't come up with a title until the end of the trip(obviously basing it on something that happened during it) but there was nothing that stood out with this one to me--except for all the new things we tried--hence, the title--finally!!
Yay!! You know I'm glad you're here!! Let's hope I can do this one in a more timely fashion!!
We had the same problem at the Pittsburgh Airport! Following along!
Oh, gosh!! That makes me feel so much better!! I kept thinking I had to have driven the wrong way somehow to get in the parking lot. What is going on there??
Thanks for following!!
big bang amy GIF by Channel 9

I've been especially looking forward to this TR since we'll be staying at the Yacht Club too for our upcoming trip!

Looks like you got off to a great start!!
I definitely want to get some posts in before you go. Let me just get a little head start here & say--I LOVED the Yacht Club!! Rooms, size, location, convenience--everything about it!! The only thing that would scare me about staying there again is the price!! I'm glad E found such a good deal & that we tried it!!

Thank you!!
Woo Hoo!! Glad you're here!!
Alrighty!! Glad you're here!!
This is great! I can enjoy a Riverside Trip Report while I patiently wait for @wdisney9000 to finish his.
🤣🤣🤣 Let's just hope it doesn't take me as my last one did--then he might beat me to it!!
Awesome! Love reading your TRs. As a Pittsburgh native myself - I too hate that the airport Starbucks is still closed! But I usually grab some Sarris to fill the void 😂
Thank you very much fellow Pittsburgher!! I know, it's borderline sacrilegious!! Love Sarris!!
So glad you're here!!
We can likely enjoy 3-4 new @riverside reports while we wait for @wdisney9000 to finish his 😂
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Too funny!! Although, I must say my last one took forever!!
Here for the new adventures! Ah Pittsburgh airport...left many a time through there for Disney (and other) adventures back in the day!
I'm so glad you're here!! I do like that airport--very easy to navigate. It is so sad how empty it continues to be though. I'm still amazed at how many shops & restaurants still aren't open.
Following along!!
Welcome!! Thanks for following!!
I'm in and can't wait to hear about this adventure!
Yay!! Lots of new things so it was an adventure for sure!!
Joining in!! Can't wait to read all about it!! :)
Thank you!! Glad you're here!!
Woohoooooo!!
Can't wait to hear all about it!
Glad you're here, friend!!
It will be calm one(meaning--you didn't receive any texts from me for advice on being stranded in the rain this trip!!)
I knew I could count on you!!;)
Welcome!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Adventure Going GIF

You know I'm in!
And I'm so glad you are!! Hope you & Brad are well!!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! A NEW TRIP REPORT WITH YOUR CREW!!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: Your boss is so nice and understanding of your Disney addiction!!
Glad you're here!!
More understanding than I thought he would be!! I'll try to make this short--when I was hired I misunderstood the way they did vacations. I thought I wasn't eligible until July 1st of this year. I get 2 weeks. So, I booked a July & an August trip. Come to find out that I have 2 weeks that have to be used by June 30th or I lose them!! Just yesterday, I broke the news about the 2 trips(which I will have 2 new weeks of vacation for then) explaining that I thought I wasn't eligible until then initially. I told him I'm not going to take the ones for this fiscal year(I knew that would be way too much time off in such a short period of time) & if I lose them I was ok with that. He told me not to worry about it so I guess he's going to tell HR to let them carry over!!
I ALWAYS do this!:geek: Getting lost in a parking garage while trying to find a rental car taught me that the hard way!
I can only imagine how frustrating that would be!!
I’m here!
Yay!! I'm glad you are!!
So excited to find your new TR. It’s perfect timing since I am on spring break this week! Looking forward to following along!
Thank you!! Now if I could only get some posts in before your spring break is over!!
Another RiversideTR!!??
Excited Season 9 GIF by Friends
Thanks--that's a cute one!!
Great!! Glad you're here!!
Woo Hoo!! Thanks for following!!
Wow, I'm actually starting to read a trip report that isn't already 10 pages long. I'm not exactly sure what to do...

Where's the
1616428492231.png
button??

confused jimmy fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Haha!! That's too funny!!
Welcome!!
Popcorn--how appropriate!! 🤣 Although the bucket didn't make it this trip:(
Ooooh yay!!! Another @riverside TR!!!

yes gif following GIF
Thank you!! I'm so glad you're here!!
how_this_turns_out_tyra_banks.gif

I'm always up for an @riverside TR!!!
Yay!! I'm so glad you're here!!
x files im here GIF by The X-Files

Yea, another trip report from Riverside, I'm so happy!
I can't wait for disney to open up POR and POFQ......
Thank you!!
I know--I just realized the other day that there's really not that many that aren't open. Why does Port Orleans have to be one of them?:(:(:(
Welcome!! So glad you are!!
That is too cute!!
Glad you're here!!
A new @riverside report!
schitts creek comedy GIF by CBC
Thank you!! Glad to have you!!
Yay! Can't wait for more!
Thank you for being here & following!!
So glad you're here!! I'll do my best!!🤞
Yes! Count me in.
Great!! Glad to have you!!
Well...at least I am on time for this one. Can't say the same for all the others I have to catch up on :hilarious:
Haha!! I appreciate you being here!! And, as always, I'm enjoying yours!!
Another @riverside TR...

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
Signed up!!
Thank you for following!!
Bottom of page 2, but here too!
Thank you!! Welcome!!
You haven't missed much--actually anything at this point!!:hilarious:
Just finished up your last report and found this one. Happy to continue following!
Aaaawww--thank you!! Glad you're here!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, JANUARY 22ND

Before I continue on there is something I forgot to mention & thanks to @paulaparm's GIF b/c it jogged my memory!! When I first got to E's house JSR was trying to get me to smuggle PCB in my suitcase!! 🤣 Unfortunately, I had a smaller suitcase than normal since we were only going for a few days & I wanted to be able to carry it on for the flights home b/c I wouldn't have much time since I had to go right to work. Therefore, PCB didn't join us:(

The Orlando airport had a lot more traffic than Pittsburgh did.
IMG_8793.JPEG

We made our way to baggage then after waiting about 10 minutes they announced a change for our flight & sent us clear across to darn near the very end of the baggage area. Our luggage came out quickly after that.
IMG_8795.JPEG

J being a good helper as usual!!
IMG_8796.JPEG

I was happy to see this was finally open!! We usually stop in there when we're leaving Orlando. My flight was leaving very early Monday morning so I knew I wouldn't be able to experience it. Oh well, there's always next time!!
IMG_8797.JPEG

There wasn't a lot of people but it seemed each group was having some kind of issue.
IMG_8798.JPEG

But once we made it through(without issues I might add) we boarded immediately. It was pretty empty!!
IMG_8799.JPEG

IMG_8800.JPEG

I really miss the days of Disney transporting your luggage. Those were the days....
IMG_8801.JPEG

J was finally finishing the donut he got at Dunkin' that morning.
IMG_8802.JPEG

Our plan was to head to Epcot for a few hours. We were super excited to see such low wait times!!
IMG_8804.PNG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, JANUARY 22ND

We've arrived!!:D
IMG_8809.JPEG

And right then I got my room ready text!!
IMG_8811.PNG

We stopped at Caribbean Beach first.
IMG_8812.JPEG

Followed by The Boardwalk.
IMG_8813.JPEG

Then the Yacht Club!!
IMG_8815.JPEG

I absolutely LOVE the smell of the lobby!!
IMG_8816.JPEG

E & I both had questions so we stopped at the front desk. She didn't get the room ready text so she was inquiring about that. As it turned out hers was ready. And what a location it was!! All she had to do was head down the hallway & she was at the end of it. You couldn't ask for something better!! I inquired about my 2 reservations. I asked if I was going to have to change rooms for the last night. The CM told me I wouldn't. I kind of figured but wanted to know what I was in for.

I took pictures of the signs that told the going ons of the resort.
IMG_8817.JPEG

IMG_8818.JPEG

IMG_8819.JPEG

We were ready to go check out our rooms!!
IMG_8820.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, JANUARY 22ND

While E & J were a hop, skip & a jump away I was not so lucky. I was on the second floor & it felt like it took me forever to get there. But, once I got my bearings after surveying my surroundings a few times I ended up finding shorter routes etc. When I stay at a new place I try not to be intimidated by my initial impression b/c I usually figure out easier ways to navigate in short order.
IMG_8821.JPEG

Having to drag the suitcase in uncharted waters doesn't help the situation either!!
IMG_8822.JPEG

I finally made it!!
IMG_8823.JPEG

Yay for a Keurig!!
IMG_8824.JPEG

IMG_8825.JPEG

In the hallway when you first walk in.
IMG_8826.JPEG

Part of the bathroom.
IMG_8827.JPEG

3 cheers for the magnifying mirror!!🙌
IMG_8828.JPEG

Wait until I get to the story about this shower!!:arghh:
IMG_8829.JPEG

My favorites!!
IMG_8831.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, JANUARY 22ND

The closet was very spacious & had a nice full length mirror inside. I'm not normally one to hang up clothes(esp. when I have my trusty Downy Wrinkle Release Spray with me--right @DisneyGigi ;)) but this time was an exception. I had my clothes with me that I would be wearing to work when I left Monday morning so I hung those up.
IMG_8832.JPEG

That iron stayed put b/c you all know I'm not capable of using that!!
IMG_8833.JPEG

The television was HUGE!!
IMG_8834.JPEG

I was extremely impressed with the room. It was nice yet simple--right up my alley!! E's thoughts were that it was fine but nothing special. I agree there wasn't much special about it but since I like things pretty basic I think that's why I liked it so much.
IMG_8835.JPEG

Even though I like "simple" I was a bit disappointed in the lack of "nods to Disney". This picture was the only thing in the room that even let you know you were in a Disney resort. I think a few other subtle nods would have been nice.
IMG_8836.JPEG

These reading/night lights were awesome!! Just enough but not too much light!! Oh, the bed was super comfortable also!!
IMG_8837.JPEG

I liked the simple yet classy look of this desk.
IMG_8838.JPEG

Working our way towards the end of the room.
IMG_8839.JPEG

And out to the balcony!! I don't know what it is about them but I just love having one!! Very relaxing place to sit & have your coffee in the morning!!
IMG_8840.JPEG

Check out my view!! I loved sitting there just staring!! If you look to the right(not sure if you can make it out but in the distance are tennis courts) that's where E's room was & there was also a door right by there that took you into the main hallway. Once I figured out how to cut down to the pool area & through there I was in the lobby in no time at all!! No need for all those twists & turns in the hallways!!
IMG_8841.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, JANUARY 22ND

View to my right.
IMG_8842.JPEG

And to my left.
IMG_8843.JPEG

Their mouthwash is actually pretty good!!
IMG_8845.JPEG

We met up at the Ale & Compass.
IMG_8846.JPEG

J thought this globe was super cool!!
IMG_8847.JPEG

It was a beautiful day & we headed out to Epcot!!
IMG_8848.JPEG

Simply gorgeous!!
IMG_8849.JPEG

Leading up to the trip I kept telling J that I didn't care how cold it was but I would have to go in Stormalong Bay even if it was just for a minute!! We couldn't stay at The Yacht Club & not go to the best pool on Disney property!! J took one look at this & was really excited to go in it!!
IMG_8850.JPEG

And he was really excited to play in the sand!! Ugh--not sure if you all recall but I hate sand....
IMG_8851.JPEG

We made the short walk to Epcot & what is the first thing we see? Really, lady?? Put your shoes on. You're not in your living room & other people are going to be sitting on that bench.:hungover:
IMG_8852.JPEG

amjt660

Premium Member

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Bearings? Survey? Uncharted waters?
All at the Yacht Club?
View attachment 542588

View attachment 542586

Max
You are hysterical Max!! Honestly, I didn't realize the theme I had going on there!! You are too witty my friend!! And I love it!!

Onto the 2nd part----
My answer for many, many, many years would have been "D" hands down. But,.........after experiencing Stormalong Bay I would have to go with all of the above. Gosh, being in there totally reaffirmed to me why I hate that crap!!

Sand=:grumpy:(to me, at least)

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I've never seen the inside of the new Yacht Club rooms but I have to say, they're not bad! The Yacht Club and Beach Club remind me of Nantucket and Cape Cod which is not too far from where I grew up, about 3 hours.
They are nice but very simple(again, that's my style) & I really enjoyed it there!! So nice that you grew up there!! I have very good friends that have family/summer homes in that area & I think it's so cool that they can pretty much go there any time they want!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Can’t wait to find out how you liked the sand bottom pool. 😉
I'm sure you know where this is probably going but I'll save you the suspense b/c we didn't go in until Sunday evening.

It totally s***ed. Plain & Simple. Glad we went for J's sake but E & I were over it in short order. Not only do I not like sand but walking on it totally hurt my feet. I think I may have mentioned in past TR's but I have some screwed up feet. I've have 5 foot surgeries over the years since I've been in my mid 20's. Walking on uneven ground & I absolutely don't mix in the least.

Again, I was the one who kept saying I had to at least go in for a few minutes(& I'm glad I did) but that was definitely a "one & done" for me!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, JANUARY 22ND

As we were heading into Epcot I tried to tell J all about FARTS. He wasn't enthralled in the least. I guess it isn't cool when it's coming from your 46 year old aunt!! 🤣
IMG_8853.JPEG

I put my defeat aside & headed to a family staple!!
IMG_8854.JPEG

Couldn't believe how empty it was for a mid Friday afternoon!!
IMG_8855.JPEG

J's bellying up to the bar!!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
IMG_8856.JPEG

So nice that he's old enough so that we can recreate the family pic & he can take it!!
IMG_7030.JPEG

BTW--in July us Rose & Crown buddies will be together again so you'll see a proper picture of us together!!
I personally can't wait!!😍

We sat outside & enjoyed our beverages. BTW--J had a Shirley Temple!!
IMG_7032.JPEG

I got this message while we were sitting there. I would have to assume Disney knew we were in Epcot already??
IMG_8857.PNG

Got to enjoy a cavalcade while we sat there!!
IMG_8858.JPEG

IMG_8861.JPEG

Then we headed off to Future World!!
IMG_8862.JPEG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom