Trip Report Lots of New for The Same Old Crew

Hello, hello!! I'm back!! I assume you all remember me considering I just wrapped up my last TR less than 24 hours ago!! :hilarious:

WHO: As the title says--The Same Old Crew!!
IMG_7032.JPEG

WHERE: The Yacht Club!! E found that awesome AP deal during our October/November trip!!
IMG_8816.JPEG

WHEN: Friday, January 22nd - Monday, January 25th

BACKSTORY: J had either Friday or Monday(I can't remember which) off school so he would only have to miss one day. I usually work Sundays & if I'm not there that means my boss has to work. I originally booked my room for Friday & Saturday night & booked an early flight out Sunday morning so I could still work the late shift that day. When I asked him about having Friday & Saturday off as my 2 days off for the week he said that was fine. He asked me about Sunday & I told him that I figured I would have to work but......E & J were staying until Monday. He told me he would work for me on Sunday so I could stay longer!! Woo Hoo!! An extra full day in Disney!! I ended up flying home early Monday(E & J had a later flight) so I could work the late shift that day.

As it turned out it was cheaper to fly home on Monday so I ended up with a Southwest credit!! I tried to add an additional day on to the room & it wouldn't let me. I just ended up booking another reservation for Sunday night & it was at a lower rate than the already low rates we had for Friday & Saturday!!

We had a 10:30ish flight. I drove to the airport b/c when I landed on Monday I would literally have to drive right to work to be able to make it on time. Since E & J's flight was later JSR was going to pick them up when they got back.
Gotta take the pic to remember where I parked the car. I'm glad I remembered to do that b/c something bizarre happened to me right before that. For whatever reason I ended up not driving through the area where you get your parking ticket. So---how was I to get out come Monday?? Also, I was still scratching my head on how I even got in--to this day I still can't figure it out. Of course, no one was around for me to ask so I decided not to worry about it until Monday. I figured the worst that would happen was that I would have to pay the max rate for not having a ticket. Not what I would really want to do but whatever.
IMG_8780.JPEG

We stopped at Chick-fil-A for some breakfast.
IMG_8781.JPEG

And Dunkin' for coffee. Darn Starbucks still isn't open!!
IMG_8782.JPEG

It was pretty full at our gate so we sat at another one that was empty.
IMG_8783.JPEG

We were leaving typical Pittsburgh weather behind.
IMG_8784.PNG

And headed for this!!
IMG_8785.PNG

As we got on the plane E saw 2 seats in row 2 were empty. There was an aisle seat in row 1 that was empty also. They sat in 2 & I sat in 1.
IMG_8788.JPEG

No SVU on that day but another favorite of mine was so that made the time go by real quick!!
IMG_8789.PNG

Songbird76

How are they prepared? I don't believe I've ever had eggs there.

Interesting!!

It was great!! I'm happy you were able to get a reservation!!
Thanks--it was a great trip!!

Thanks--I try!!

Just so I'm on the same page--was that the first pic from Star Wars land? 🤣 🤣 🤣

I'm sure they wouldn't but it actually makes sense to do it.

I would think they would want them to be hungry also. Maybe they lure them out with the cat food for the appetizer then they hunt for the main course??🤫

Yes, we have!!🤣

I'm so happy that he's getting braver & more willing to try new things! Our reservation was at an "off time". I think around 3:30 so maybe that's why. It wasn't too crowded when we were there but the sun started going down shortly after we got there.
Thanks so much!!

Yes--he loves Baby Yoda. E sent me this pic a few weeks after we got back. She says it's a nightly occurrence:
View attachment 561223
I would think the cat food, and other food in trash cans would attract a lot of animals that they don't want, though. Isn't that why they put heavy lids on garbages in parks and such? Like, Yellowstone has special bear proof garbage dumpsters, and they ask you to please make sure you don't leave food or packaging out because it will attract wildlife. I don't know if gators would be attracted to catfood or not, but I bet some animals would be.

BrerWayne

MONDAY, JANUARY 25TH

Departure day--no time to be sad though b/c.......I overslept!!:jawdrop: My alarm was set for 5. I had an Uber scheduled to pick me up at 6:30. Wow, did I ever scramble to get a shower, dressed, packed & make it to the lobby by then!! Oh--why didn't I take ME you may ask? It was supposed to pick me up at 4:50!! Heck no!! The day we arrived I made sure to tell the front desk CM that I was taking an Uber. In the event I was the only one being picked up I didn't want it to come there for no reason at all. I had mentioned at the beginning of this TR that originally I didn't know that I would be able to stay until Monday or not. I was very grateful that I was able to but it required very early flights(yes, flights plural) to be able to make it home in time for me to be at work for my 1-10 shift. As you have seen we always fly nonstop. There were no early nonstops so I had to suffer with that also. E & J were flying home early afternoon so I had bid them farewell the night before.
View attachment 561224

Fortunately I made it on time for my Uber & we were at the airport in about 25 minutes.
View attachment 561225

Disappointed that I wasn't able to check out the new store.
View attachment 561226

I still don't know where this first one came from!! I never once had a reservation booked at Coronado Springs so I have absolutely no clue why this was in my phone!!
View attachment 561227

The flight was uneventful & I watched Chicago P.D. the whole way to Baltimore.
View attachment 561228

I had about 1/2 hour to kill before my next flight so once I got close to the gate I stopped here for a little snack.
View attachment 561229

It was very good!!
View attachment 561230

More Chicago P.D. for the next flight also!!
View attachment 561231

Upon landing I went straight to the car so I could head to work. But, remember I never got a parking ticket when I had parked my car the Friday before? I explained to the guy working in the booth my situation. I told him I totally didn't understand how I got in the lot but didn't go through the gates. I explained I really didn't want to pay the max fare so I told him I had saved my boarding pass on my phone from Friday to prove that was the day I got there. He was fine with that so I only had to pay for the 4 days that my car was parked there!!
View attachment 561232

Right around that time E & J were getting ready to board & she sent me this!!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
View attachment 561233

As always thank you all for following along!! It's been a pleasure!! I'm sorry this short TR took me FOREVER to complete!! We went in April so I hope to be able to start that one soon(& complete it in a more timely fashion). If you tune in you'll see that J will continue to get more adventurous!!
Thank you for the trip report! We are going in July and have a 630 fight out of MCO. Tragical Express wants to pick us up at 315, so I am seriously thinking of Ubering to the airport.

MickeyCB

Upon landing I went straight to the car so I could head to work. But, remember I never got a parking ticket when I had parked my car the Friday before? I explained to the guy working in the booth my situation. I told him I totally didn't understand how I got in the lot but didn't go through the gates. I explained I really didn't want to pay the max fare so I told him I had saved my boarding pass on my phone from Friday to prove that was the day I got there. He was fine with that so I only had to pay for the 4 days that my car was parked there!!
IMG_9238.JPEG
Thanks for another great trip report, so nice to be able to follow along!
And regarding the parking lot ticket. I'm not sure it's your fault, Pittsburgh airport parking is messed up!
We went to Sac to see the grandbaby and I was confused entering the parking lot. I was looking for the extended lot and it wasn't marked well at all.
When we got back and I went to the exit I was charged $100 more than I thought it should be and had to go into the parking building and the guy told me that I didn't park in extended and the signs were up for it. I disagreed with him and he got on his phone to someone and found out the signs changed while we were away. Luckily they refunded me the money but it was painful getting it.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks!!! Your reports are always fun to read!
Awww--thank you!! And thanks for reading!!
Thanks for sharing your trip with us! I always love your reports! I will be watching for the next one!
Thank you so much!! Very nice of you to say!!
It's rare that we oversleep for a flight but it has happened and I know that panicky feeling when you realize you need to move fast early morning!!!:eek: Glad the flights were uneventful and you made it home safely and work on time! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this TR because of so many firsts that happened! Your hotel room view was fabulous, meals looked incredible and J was so adventurous!!! Can't wait for the next TR.
princess anna thank you GIF
It is a sickening feeling!! Also, very uncharacteristic of me!! I was so happy with The Yacht Club & all the firsts that went on with this trip!! Hope to get it started soon!!
I know you are busy with work, so even more heartfelt thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us! 😍
Thank you--I appreciate that!! Friday was my first day off in a week so yes, I'm super busy with work. I was off yesterday & today also but when I'm off I have so much catching up to do with normal tasks, errands etc.--basically, life.
Great TR Patti!!

And with regard to the April trip report.......

Waiting Gif GIF

Max
Thanks Max!! I hope not to keep you waiting much longer!!
Another great report - thanks @riverside! I was just lurking for most of it, but really enjoyed it as always! Looking forward to reading your April report.

Oversleeping before a flight is my worst fear - though I wouldn't mind missing a flight that meant I got more time at Disney! Glad you made it home on time!
Thank you so much!! I appreciate that!!

I would have been perfectly fine with it but I don't think my boss would have been to happy with me!! A flight delay can't be helped but oversleeping....
Law And Order Svu Nbc GIF by SVU

...Is what we all say when leaving Disney!

Thanks for the trip report😎
And that's exactly what's on my tv right now in the background!!

Thanks for reading!!
I've read that for a long time Disney has had cats to take care of the pest problem. The food cans must be from the CAT Crew that threw them away.
I have heard that also. That was my assumption b/c how many people would bring their cat to Disney??
I am soooo glad Chef Mickey's is GOOD again!! When we went in 2014, I was NOT impressed...but hubby LIVES for POG juice so that's a plus!
It was so good that we got a dinner reservation there for August!! Figured breakfast was so good so we should give dinner a try!!
We will be there in July, too! The 17th-24th---I'd love to meet up with you! :geek:
Oh yay!! We're the 13th-20th!! I would love to meet also!! I'll send you a message with our plans & see what works!!
Man, all those foot surgeries! I'm so impressed with how well and quickly you get around WDW! Good for you for trying to go in the sand! All accomplishments are valid--no matter how seemingly insignificant!
I have no choice but to deal with the pain so I guess I just get used to it & do what I have to do. Also, besides trying to walk a few miles every day I also get enough steps in at work that it's the equivalent of about 5 miles a day! Although, I must admit that recently I've been experiencing more pain than normal(this happens from time to time). I went to the doctor a few weeks ago & got the dreaded cortisone shots in my foot. He also gave me a prescription for oral steroids in case the shots didn't do the trick. Guess who's taking the steroids right now??
This is so funny! I LOVE looking in Google and seeing my upcoming trips!

I am so proud of J for getting braver and trying the new rides! I'm glad April was fantastic and I hope July is magical, as well!
He really surprised us!! He still says he's not going on ToT though--fine with me!! 🤣
Thank you, thank you!! I'm glad I finally finished it!!
Great TR as usual! You never disappoint in your TRs (nor does J with all his cute antics!) :D Thanks (again) for sharing your experiences and pictures!!!
Thank you very much & thank you for reading!! J does something on the April trip that probably takes the cake on everything that he has ever said or done in Disney!!
Thank you for sharing another trip report, I look forward to reading your April one!
Thank you for reading!! Thanks & I hope to start it soon!!
I would think the cat food, and other food in trash cans would attract a lot of animals that they don't want, though. Isn't that why they put heavy lids on garbages in parks and such? Like, Yellowstone has special bear proof garbage dumpsters, and they ask you to please make sure you don't leave food or packaging out because it will attract wildlife. I don't know if gators would be attracted to catfood or not, but I bet some animals would be.
True but they probably change them so frequently at Disney that maybe there's not much time for animals to be attracted to it? Who knows--it was strange to see it though!!
YAY for another report coming soon! Loved this one, as always!

Yippee GIF by memecandy
Thank you so much!! My goal(major fingers crossed here) is to get it done before we leave in 16 short days!! Not sure if I'm up for the task though!!
Thanks for another great TR. I was just sitting here thinking about how J is going to be the kid full of Disney memories!
Thank you!! Oh, he definitely will!! It's neat to see how his interests there have changed over the years!!
I always get mine scrambled. I think it was called the Feast a la Gaston.
I'll have to keep that in mind. The only way I eat eggs are scrambled!!
Thank you for the trip report! We are going in July and have a 630 fight out of MCO. Tragical Express wants to pick us up at 315, so I am seriously thinking of Ubering to the airport.
I don't blame you in the least. The price wasn't really bad either. It was $28.00.
Thank you for reading!!
Thanks for another great trip report, so nice to be able to follow along!
And regarding the parking lot ticket. I'm not sure it's your fault, Pittsburgh airport parking is messed up!
We went to Sac to see the grandbaby and I was confused entering the parking lot. I was looking for the extended lot and it wasn't marked well at all.
When we got back and I went to the exit I was charged $100 more than I thought it should be and had to go into the parking building and the guy told me that I didn't park in extended and the signs were up for it. I disagreed with him and he got on his phone to someone and found out the signs changed while we were away. Luckily they refunded me the money but it was painful getting it.
Thank for following!!
The parking there is a hot mess. I believe I'm driving when we go next month. I guess I'll have that to look forward to again:facepalm:
$100 more--I would have been livid!! I'm glad you got your money but you shouldn't have to go through all that!!
What they also need to do is repave those lots there. They're awful & it makes it feel very "seedy"--at least to me.
Great TR as always! Pretty sure I’ve said this before, but we can’t get enough of J! Looking forward to the next one!
Thank you so much!! I promise what he does in the next one is one for the books!!

TheMouseFan

We're the 13th-20th!!

He still says he's not going on ToT though--fine with me!! 🤣
We are at Disney Springs on the 13th and in the parks the 15-20. We would love to meet up with you guys if we can make it happen!

If he decides to ride ToT and we happen to be at DHS that day, I will ride with him whenever and however many times he wants so you don't have to!!

Last edited:

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
We are at Disney Springs on the 13th and in the parks the 15-20. We would love to meet up with you guys if we can make it happen!

If he decides to ride ToT and we happen to be at DHS that day, I will ride with him whenever and however many times he wants so you don't have to!!
I just looked back at your PTR & our park days match up Saturday, Sunday & Monday!! I’d love to meet up & it looks like there’s plenty of opportunity to do so!!

One of those is a HS day😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom