LOST: The Final Season

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
So there are eight days left until the final season of LOST begins. And eight days until LOST disappears into TV history.

With the show around for six years, I wonder who else is (or was) a fan of the island drama and would like to share thoughts about it.

MY story? Admittedly, it was one of those shows that turned me off from the first episode. Distorted and chaotic, the two part pilot left me thinking " is this?". But I eventually took a liking for the cast and storyline by the third episode. By the first season's finale, with the attempted raft escape and the discovery of the Hatch, I was hooked. :D

So share away!

Main_characters_of_Lost.jpg

My friend brought the first season over my house one day (I think the summer before the third season started) and it went something like this:

My friend: This is the most awesome show ever. And Merry from Lord of the Rings is in it. You're going to watch it. NOW.

Me: ...Okay. Isn't that the show with a bunch of people stuck on some island? Is it really that good?

My friend: YES.

So we watched it, and I was pretty confused, but nonetheless absolutely hooked by the time we reached fourth episode and found out Locke was in a wheelchair before the crash. After ten episodes or so my friend had to leave, and:

Me: *grabs dvd case* You know this is staying here, right?

My friend: :lol: Well, I figured.

I finished the first season by the next day and I think I bought the second season within a week. I've been watching religiously ever since then.

Right now I'm in the middle of an epic LOST marathon to refresh my memory before it starts again. I'm on Episode 20 of Season 2, so I may have to give up eating and sleeping as well as schoolwork to finish in time. But it's worth it!

If it's discussion you want, I think I need a specific topic. Because there's a lot to say about... well, everything! Donkey wheel induced teleportation/time travel? Immortal men with eyeliner? Has Ben Linus EVER told the truth? I could go on endlessly.

I love LOST.

popsicletrees

I actually didn't start watching the show until this past summer. My fiance and I moved and spent the summer with his family in Maryland. He was determined to get me, his aunt, and his cousin hooked. We watched 3 seasons throughout the summer. We spread out the fourth and fifth seasons over the last few months. My fiance had not seen the fifth season at that point, and it was so fun trying to figure it out together. I'm so excited for the final season!

Laura

Premium Member
Right now I'm in the middle of an epic LOST marathon to refresh my memory before it starts again. I'm on Episode 20 of Season 2, so I may have to give up eating and sleeping as well as schoolwork to finish in time. But it's worth it!

I'm doing the same thing. I've never missed an episode since Lost first started, but with all the space between each season I've had trouble making the pieces fit. So at Christmas I set out on this quest to watch all 5 seasons over again before season 6 starts.

It's not going as well as I hoped. :lol:

I thought we could do 1 season per week and we'd finish just in time. We have Blockbuster Online (like Netflix) and we're allowed 3 disks at a time. But they are still not coming fast enough. We've been averaging about 4 disks a week, and we're only on season 3, disk 2. :hammer:

I refuse to watch season 6 until I've completely finished re-watching all the old episodes, so I'm going to have to keep DVR'ing the new ones until I get caught up and I won't be able to look at anything Lost related on the internet until then. Such a pain. :lol:

But watching them all back to back like this has been enthralling and addicting. My husband and I both freak out with happiness every time the next DVD comes in the mail (which is basically every 48 hours lol).

jonnyc

Been watching it since the beginning, did drift off during the latter parts of season 2, but got back into it. I am now attempting to watch every episode before i watch any of season 6, currently on Season 1 Disc 2. I still have quite a bit to go!

Well, there are a million things to talk about, but here's one: I am curious if we're going to get some new group of characters for the last season. I don't really think a new group would fit into the plot this time, but of course, you never know with LOST. There is a pattern of it:

Season 1: Well, the original characters from the crash, duh. :hammer:
Season 2: The "Tailies" + Desmond
Season 3: The Others (at least more in depth than we knew them before)
Season 4: The Freighter people (and it's entirely possible I've spelled that wrong, but you know, the people on the boat)
Season 5: The Dharma people
Season 6: ???

Also, how have we all liked the new characters?

I'm pretty loyal to the original characters, but I do love Desmond, Ben, Juliet, Faraday and Lapidus. I care about what happens to them. Richard is interesting, and I have generally positive feelings toward him. And then there's Ana Lucia, who I loathe. I mean, I've tried to stop hating her. I thought maybe she would be like Juliet, who I disliked initially but grew on me the 2nd time I watched Season 3. But no. I consistently hate Ana Lucia every time I watch Season 2. There's nothing to be done for it. I don't like Charlotte much either. And as for the rest, I suppose I don't really care either way. It's possible I'm forgetting some people.

Good luck to all of you who are also trying to cram in a marathon before next week!

DecWDW

^ I feel like you do about Ana Lucia and Juliette! The only time I missed any shows was when it was on late, I guess 10pm? But as soon as the DVD came out, I'd buy it and get caught up. I haven't been able to get Season 5 yet, although I did manage to see it all when it aired, so I'm gonna have to wing it when Season 6 starts as I won't be able to review. My friend and I have watched all 5 seasons, but never watched an episode together, so we're trying to get a room at Disneyland and watch the finale together. Disney day, LOST night!

^ I feel like you do about Ana Lucia and Juliette! The only time I missed any shows was when it was on late, I guess 10pm? But as soon as the DVD came out, I'd buy it and get caught up. I haven't been able to get Season 5 yet, although I did manage to see it all when it aired, so I'm gonna have to wing it when Season 6 starts as I won't be able to review. My friend and I have watched all 5 seasons, but never watched an episode together, so we're trying to get a room at Disneyland and watch the finale together. Disney day, LOST night!

Best of both worlds!

dandaman

My friends and I are having a LOST premiere party, though they're all in Canada and I'm down here in the Sunshine State. Skype is my best friend come Groundhog Day, and I told them I should send some authentic tropical decorations in my physical absence. :lol:

Number_6

I started watching Lost last just before Season 5 started. I caught all the episodes on the ABC website and then watched Season 5 the same way because I was at work when it was on. Now that I get out of work at 7pm, I won't have that issue and I can actually watch it with the rest of the country. And I love that they are premiering on Groundhog Day.

Mikester71

Have been a LOST fan since the very first episode and have LOVED it since day 1. I do feel that the show could have benefited greatly by not taking so much time off between seasons IMHO. I know more than a few people who were turned off by the long breaks between seasons.

Funniest personal LOST story I have is when my sister-in-law got into the show last year after borrowing all the seasons from a co-worker. She was telling my wife and I how much she was liking the show after Season 1 and how Charlie was her FAVORITE character on the show and all that. Of course we had to sit there and just grin and bare it knowing full well that poor Charlie wasn't going to be around for much longer. Needless to say, the poor girl was so shocked and heartbroken when she finally found out.

As much as I am looking forward to the return of the show for the final season next week, I am a bit saddened knowing that the end is just around the corner. :cry:

jonnyc

Shannon can be annoying, but I think she had her endearing moments. Besides, do you remember the flashbacks with Boone's mom? I'd be annoying too if I had that for a stepmother. :lookaroun

Still though, she is a pain, Locke had father issues and he is amazing :p. Just got to the bit where she get's shot, it is about time :lol:.

popsicletrees

Did anyone watch the re-run of the Season 5 finale Tuesday night? It included a lot of helpful information at the bottom of the screen throughout the episode.

Mikester71

Did anyone watch the re-run of the Season 5 finale Tuesday night? It included a lot of helpful information at the bottom of the screen throughout the episode.

I did and I LOVE when they do the old pop-up video style captions on the bottom! It did provide some very insightful info too...especially if someone hadn't been following the show so closely or on and off all year.

Still though, she is a pain, Locke had father issues and he is amazing :p. Just got to the bit where she get's shot, it is about time :lol:.

Well, of course Locke is awesome. :D I think the first time I watched it I didn't really feel bad for Shannon until that episode, then she got shot and all I could think was POOR SAYID! :cry: Plus, Ana Lucia did it, so I had to take Shannon's side on principle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom