Lost Never Expire Ticket

erstwo

I think I know the answer to this, but google did not supply the definitive "Yes/ No" I needed, so I'm reaching out to those in the know on this message board.

Question: If you lost your "never-expire" ticket (actual blue card / room key/ ticket thing Disney used to give you when you checked in) - there's no way to get that ticket/ park days back - correct?

My wonderful, giving in laws took their entire family - 5 kids, spouses, and grandkids - on a trip to Disney for Easter 2008, in what would be the trip that made me fall in love with WDW, prompt me to join this message board, etc.
But it was Easter - so due to the crowds my in laws only went into the parks for 2 days. They paid the extra fees for us all to have 10 day, never expire tickets (I know, right?? Pretty amazing)

Fast forward all these years and my father in law will accompany us to WDW again (for the first time since 2008) this summer. He remembers he has a ticket and that Disney has his fingerprint (connected to said ticket) but doesn't know the location of the actual ticket. My mother in law, who kept up with things like tickets, has since passed away, plus my in laws moved about three years ago - I'm worried it was lost forever.

Can he recover his ticket with his fingerprint?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I don't have the exact answer but I would assume there's nothing you can do if you don't have the ticket in hand.

But I'd contact Disney directly just in case they can work some magic.

Upvote 0

Rob562

There is not a way to do a backwards search of the biometric data (which is not a true fingerprint) to find the ticket.

However, Guest Services *may* be able to track it down. The more bits of information you can provide, the better. Were they bought online or in-person? Was it part of a vacation package? Do you happen to have another ticket/room key from the same reservation/purchase that you can provide the numbers off of. What name, phone number, email address might be linked to the transaction?

Try giving the Ticketing Office a call with as much of that as you can. (407) 939-7523

-Rob

Upvote 0

erstwo

Original Poster
There is not a way to do a backwards search of the biometric data (which is not a true fingerprint) to find the ticket.

However, Guest Services *may* be able to track it down. The more bits of information you can provide, the better. Were they bought online or in-person? Was it part of a vacation package? Do you happen to have another ticket/room key from the same reservation/purchase that you can provide the numbers off of. What name, phone number, email address might be linked to the transaction?

Try giving the Ticketing Office a call with as much of that as you can. (407) 939-7523

-Rob
Awesome! My sister in law still has her ticket (she's the only other family member who went on that 2008 trip who hasn't been back since 2008). I'll get the data from her and give them a call.
Thank you very much!!! He's from the generation that doesn't waste anything - so before I tell him that those tickets/ park days (and all that money) are lost - I want to be sure they are really, truly lost!

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

I use to always take a photo of the back of my tickets, back in the day. They had a number on the back that Disney could use to retrieve the information.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom