Lost Articles!

GGG1

Original Poster
Has anyone out there lost anything while riding? My guess is that there are quite a few of us who have lost sunglasses or hats. It happened to me last February on Splash Mountain. I was sure I had tightened and secured my hat right before the big drop. Well you guessed it, off it went right when they take your picture. You could see it flying off and my not so nice reaction! Any other good stories out there???

Malc

There must be legions of people who have lost things. Last year, my wife lost her sunglasses on the Buzz Lightyear ride in MK. We went to guest services later on in the day and asked; they just tipped out a HUGE box of glasses that had been lost in ONE DAY and said, can you see yours? Unfortunately, we couldn't.

Nut4Disney

I read somewhere that there is a store behind the scenes in MK where cast members can purchase lost articles very cheap. (cameras, umbrellas, misc....)

goofymom

I wonder what they do with all that unclaimed stuff?!? I have never lost anything on the rides but we lost the tiny button off of our camcorder that you push to record etc. in Mickey's Toontown. We went to visit Mickey and after exiting the building my husband realized the button was gone. We were searching the floor, the sidewalk, even in the bushes beside the exit. We must have been quite funny to watch. Never found it. It's a bummer to lose something. :brick:

bearboysnc

I read somewhere that there is a store behind the scenes in MK where cast members can purchase lost articles very cheap. (cameras, umbrellas, misc....)

When I worked at DL, they had an "Annual Lost & Found" sale, where they dragged everything out that had been left for a significant amount of time.

The sale covered the size of 2 basketball courts. The unsold items and all the proceeds were donated to charity.

dizpins14

there is a store behind Magic Kingdom, lots of fun to go to but don't worry they don't sell anything that hasn't been claimed in a long time. Mainly Property Control is broken merchandice from the parks.

Maria

Originally posted by Nut4Disney

Yes, that´s true. It´s called "Property Control"... they sell all kinds of stuff that are taken out of the stores too, because they are discontinued, or they are broken, or missing parts, or they were the last ones in the stores, etc. Those snowglobes are very popular items there! Sometimes you can´t even see what´s wrong with them! The discount goes to 70%off.
Mondays used to be day to go because that´s when they cleaned stores and new merchandise would be arriving.

What they collect from lost things that were never claimed, is donated to charity.
;)

disneyman15

I'm Surrounded by Idiots
I almost lost my hat on Splash Mountain one time. I was riding in the front car and i forgot to take off my hat and on the big drop my hat came flying off my head. When we got to the bottom the people in the very back of the float asked if anyone lost there hat and i said me and they gave it back. I was so relieved that I hadn't lost my hat.

DisneyCP2000

I heard that lost stuff eventually ends up at Guest Relations first (in park that you lost your item). After that it goes to the Kennel at TTC. Why there I'm not sure, but I think this is where all the lost stuff sits. Your lost item will sit there till someone claims it. If it sits there too long, as maria and dizpins14 were saying, it'll got to Property Control and then Charity. If you do loose something I think you can fill out a form in Guest Relations and if they find it for you they'll mail it back to you or send it to your hotel room (assuming that you're staying on Disney property).

Maria

When I was there, the lost stuff would only stay one day at the parks and then sent to central lost and found, located at the TTC, by the kennel, where they keep the stuff for a period of time before they reach Property Control, just as DisneyCP2000 said. There used to be a lost and found place in Epcot, but before I left, the system was being changed to be Guest Relations responsible for lost articles.

I lost a pair of sunglasses once and got to TTC to try to get them.... mine were a pair of Guess sunglasses that I loved... they showed me drawers and drawers full of sunglasses! Amazing!Unfortunatley, none of them were my precious ones.. :( (on a side note, I bought another pair of the exact same model, and after a month, I lost them again at the Florida Mall... we were not meant to be together anymore!)

Maria

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
Well this wasn't lost on a ride, but a few years ago someone in our group lost a diamond bracelet. That was a tough loss.

I don´t own such expensive jewels, but my very few, I keep them home when I travel... I can imagine how sad your friend must have been! :(

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Maria

I don´t own such expensive jewels, but my very few, I keep them home when I travel... I can imagine how sad your friend must have been! :(

The expensive stuff usually does stay home, but this was one of those things you always wear and don't even notice its there...until it's gone. So it was kind of automatic bringing it.

Steamboat_Kevin

My cousin lost her little pack that had our pressed penny collection and some other things in it on Test Track. Luckily, we got it back safe and sound :) Those pressed pennies sure are cool! :)

raven

Originally posted by Nut4Disney

Yes, "Property Control" is the store you heard about. They sell things that have been unclaimed for a year and also broken merchandise.

It's nothing spectacular back there. It's just a tent set up with everything underneath it in boxes. You have to dig through the boxes to find anything. CM's are the only ones allowed, but don't worry, it's nothing you would die to see.

On another note, I did leave my sunglasses on the seat of Pirates of the Carribean last September but knowing all of the glasses I would have to look through to find mine, I just gave up and bought a new pair.

About 15 years ago my father lost his battery pack for his camera on Space Mountain and it was at Lost & Found at the end of the evening!

homer424

We lost 2 things on this last trip in April- my watch and OUR TICKETS! The whole trip my grandmother was bugging me to get a new watch. I said no because my watch was newer and I have too many watches already (my DH would strangle me if I came home with another-LOL) So we were in Epcot and a woman asked me the time and I told her. We walked through Innoventions and when we walked out I looked down and my watch was gone :( We went back in and couldn;t find it anywhere.(I ended up getting a Mickey watch anyway-LOL)

The tickets-UGH!:cry: It was the last day on our hopper pass (my granny lives in FL-we were going to her house for the weekend and coming back to WDW for 2 days). I got them out when we were on the ferry and almost in the dock (big mistake). We were walking to get to security and I look and the tickets were gone. They must ahve slipped out of the holder. Luckily we had a receipt and the man at Guest Relations was nice enough to give us a one day hopper pass, otherwise it REALLY would have sucked!

doctor tigger

We also lost one of our park-hopper tickets in MK, but we went to City Hall and they replaced it---I LOVE Disney people!:)

I lost an umbrella at MGM---probably I left it under the seat on Star Tours---I've learned that they're not really that handy, and they're a hassle!

Happy days!

Doc Tig

mej

I left my camera in the Lion King show in MK, and it turned up in lost property at City Hall - I was amazed! There are obviously honest people at Disney!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom