Lordy, lordy I'm turning 40! And I'm off to WDW in January!!!

Hey there guys and ghouls,

I'm turning 40 on January 7th, 2014 and my partner and I just booked our trip to the World for 1/6/14 - 1/13/14. Because we went through MEI Travel we were able to get the group marathon rate and are able to afford staying at the AKL (my favorite!).

And now the planning fun begins!!! :happy:

I'm going to start mapping out our ADR's, but have a question: I haven't been since 2008 and am wondering how best to try Be Our Guest? Counter service lunch? Try to get in for dinner? Also, are there any other ADR's I should definitely shoot for? New places to look out for?

And because it's January I'm wondering if we'll be able to do Typhoon Lagoon? It looks like Blizzard Beach will be closed for a refurb, but is it crazy to think we'll be able to enjoy swimming in January?

Also, have any of you been there during the marathon? Are the parks impacted by it that much?

Disvillain63

First, enjoy your birthday at WDW, I just celebrated my 50th there (9/14) and had a blast!!! I've not gone to Be Our Guest yet, so I really won't be much help. Going by the menus, I think I'd rather try dinner...just to know I didn't have to wait; although January is not too bad as long as you don't go on a Saturday. If it's a Saturday and beautiful, the locals will be there. As for ADRs, some of my favorites are CRT and Crystal Palace (first reservation of the day...park is empty); 1900 Park Fare (dinner...the step-sisters); Tusker House (last reservation of the day...park is empty when you leave).

Yes, you can do Typhoon Lagoon and water is heated...air may be cool...

Parks are not impacted much by the marathon...Saturday before the marathon is busy...other than that it was walk-on to most attractions. Are you participating in the marathon? If so, where your medal afterwards, along with your birthday button...you'll understand later....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom