Lord of the Rings

FutureCEO

Original Poster
Wouldn't be cool if Disney did the Lord of the Rings movies in animated versions..a lot of slides..it would be so cool..the only problem would be WD Pictures and stereotype for younger kids.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Animated versions of LOTR have been produced before the creation of the successful feature length trilogy. They flopped. And after the success of the trilogy I don't think a new animated film (even done by Disney) would fare any better than its predecessors.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Disney had a chance to produce the Lord of the Rings but passed because of the $300 million price tag which was a HUGE gamble a few years ago. Who would have figuared it would pay off so much?

MicBat

When I was younger, they used to have (what was called) The Hobbit on the Disney Channel. Im pretty sure it was related, Im just not sure which of the trilogy it was taken from.

tenchu

Originally posted by MicBat
When I was younger, they used to have (what was called) The Hobbit on the Disney Channel. Im pretty sure it was related, Im just not sure which of the trilogy it was taken from.

It was probably taken from 'The Hobbit' The book before Lotr.

:wave:

MrPromey

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
Disney had a chance to produce the Lord of the Rings but passed because of the $300 million price tag which was a HUGE gamble a few years ago. Who would have figuared it would pay off so much?

Miiramax (the subsity of Disney that wanted to do LOR) still had some involvement so Disney still gets 2.5% of profits – a consolation prize to be sure but considering that they put virtually nothing into it, it is still not a total loss for Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom