Looking to rent points 11/24-30. 2018

Jenniferdisney22

Original Poster
Looking to rent points for the week of 11/24-11/30. 2018. We have always booked direct and stayed value. I would like to stay at a better resort. Is it too late to consider this?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
That is a very popular DVC time Oct-Dec so yes it likely is too late but you could try it can’t hurt. But many members themselves are finding it booked solid. We are DVC members and go that time often and have to book at 11 months out when we can book first. I think Last I checked Saratoga Springs had some availability (being it’s the largest) but not sure of the rest. You can always book the DVC rooms through Disney from cash inventory (plenty left), but that will be a lot more expensive than a value room your used to paying. Lol. ;)

slappy magoo

I looked at availability for you - assuming you mean you're checking out on 11/30, not that your last night is 11/30 and checking out 12/1?

I'm assuming you want a studio room. Currently, the only resort showing availability for all of those nights is Saratoga, which IMO is a great resort. Saratoga and Old Key West are often treated like the red headed stepchildren of DVC resorts because they're not close to any parks and they're huge. But they're great and definitely more than a step up from Values.

Per David's DVC Rentals, a studio standard location is $1216 and a studio preferred location is $1488.

Saratoga is also showing availability in all other categories. Old Key West is showing availability for those dates in 1BR and 2BR units. And of course there are the Polynesian Bungalows if you really want to go nuts ($11792). Otherwise, every other resort/room category, it's either booked solid or showing partial availability, a night here, couple of nights there, nothing for the duration.

slappy magoo

Great! I looked at Saratoga and it looks really nice.
It is. Because the property is so huge, you might want to pay the extra 275ish for the preferred location. I find Congress Park to be one of the best locations. It's less than 5 minute walk to the main pool and main building, but there's a quiet pool in the area too, and a 5-10 minute walk to the Marketplace side of Disney Springs; unless someone in your party has mobility issues you won't even need a bus or boat to get over there.

But if renting points is something you're considering, I wouldn't necessarily wait much longer. I can see if there's ANY availability for the dates you're interested in, but I can't tell HOW MUCH of an availability there is, it could be that only 1 or 2 rooms is available for your dates.

EDIT: After writing the first chunk of this post, I checked availability again, and even preferred view rooms are now only showing partial availability - 11/29 is no longer available. So not trying to push you into a decision before you're ready but I wouldn't take my time thinking about it, either.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I looked at availability for you - assuming you mean you're checking out on 11/30, not that your last night is 11/30 and checking out 12/1?

I'm assuming you want a studio room. Currently, the only resort showing availability for all of those nights is Saratoga, which IMO is a great resort. Saratoga and Old Key West are often treated like the red headed stepchildren of DVC resorts because they're not close to any parks and they're huge. But they're great and definitely more than a step up from Values.

Per David's DVC Rentals, a studio standard location is $1216 and a studio preferred location is $1488.

Saratoga is also showing availability in all other categories. Old Key West is showing availability for those dates in 1BR and 2BR units. And of course there are the Polynesian Bungalows if you really want to go nuts ($11792). Otherwise, every other resort/room category, it's either booked solid or showing partial availability, a night here, couple of nights there, nothing for the duration.
Yep thanks for looking I didn’t have time when I responded, but had last seen Saratoga had availability. We have always enjoyed Saratoga Springs too. We own at Kidani but have no issue if we would ever have to stay at Saratoga or any of the DVC resorts. We often stay 1 bedrooms or higher so that is easier to get than Studios most times of year so we usually get our choice where we want to stay. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom