Looking like a canceled trip for us :(

Dizneykid

I want to start by saying that safety is always most important and I pray that this hurricane miraculously turns away from us.

I'm from the northern United States and we had planned to drive down on Saturday afternoon. This would pass us through the Carolinas on Sunday. I have no idea what the forecast will be but it's looking like a prolonged flooding event through the weekend and beyond.

Our only options left would be to take a crazy detour into Tennessee or delay our trip by several days. I don't know if that will be an option either if it doesn't let up by then.

I'm just sad but this was precisely why we got the insurance. It feels strange to cancel a trip because of a hurricane that isn't affecting where we currently are or where we will end up. I'm being told that all of NC will be a mess through the weekend. I feel terrible about anyone dealing with it directly. I should be grateful for not being impacted by it. I just had to grieve somewhere. Bless.

Dizneykid

Original Poster
Hi everyone!! I'm so so so sincerely sorry to leave you hanging. I couldn't get internet to work on my tablet. I am so beyond grateful for your good thoughts and encouragement. We returned today after an absolutely lovely vacation. We took a route through Asheville NC with zero problems or delays besides the extra time we knew it would take. We watched the weather channel and were so saddened to see that the flooding must have occurred shortly after we passed through. It feel so bad. We are glad we made it but wish the hurricane never happened :(

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Hi everyone!! I'm so so so sincerely sorry to leave you hanging. I couldn't get internet to work on my tablet. I am so beyond grateful for your good thoughts and encouragement. We returned today after an absolutely lovely vacation. We took a route through Asheville NC with zero problems or delays besides the extra time we knew it would take. We watched the weather channel and were so saddened to see that the flooding must have occurred shortly after we passed through. It feel so bad. We are glad we made it but wish the hurricane never happened :(

Glad to hear you got there safely, had a fantastic time and got home safely.

Yeah, heartbreaking to see the photos and read that people have lost their lives.

Upvote 0

Lensman

No worries. The main thing is that you made it safely! Hope you had a great time. Post some pictures and stories if you feel comfortable with that. Otherwise it's time for a vacation from your vacation! :)

Upvote 0

Smiley/OCD

I'm glad that you were able to have a magical vacation!!! When you get the chance, please write a trip report...there are a LOT of folks on here that have a "vested" interest in your trip! Can't wait!!!

Upvote 0

yensid67

HEY DIZNEYKID soo glad to hear you are safe and that you had a magical time! I just hope the flood waters are receded by the time we go for our trip in May!;) I heard I95 is closed in BOTH directions in NC until AT LEAST Oct 1! Don't know how true it is now, but that's what they reported after the storm passed!

Hugs and Prayers STILL for the Carolinas...they are getting more rain today with more flooding! Stay safe everyone!

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Just caught up with this - so glad you made it there and back safely, and that you had a good time. Now let's see that trip report! :joyfull:

Upvote 0

Dizneykid

Original Poster
HEY DIZNEYKID soo glad to hear you are safe and that you had a magical time! I just hope the flood waters are receded by the time we go for our trip in May!;) I heard I95 is closed in BOTH directions in NC until AT LEAST Oct 1! Don't know how true it is now, but that's what they reported after the storm passed!

Hugs and Prayers STILL for the Carolinas...they are getting more rain today with more flooding! Stay safe everyone!

We started out on 95 up until around South Carolina somewhere (Bennettsville?) to get onto 74 because we had planned on detouring to Greensboro NC anyway to get away from the closures. I'm not sure where the detour would have been if we had kept driving. We saw what appeared to be some flooding alongside 95 in SC and many deceased boars were alongside the highway. I'm not from the south so I don't know if that was storm related. It was shocking to see though. I just pray they are getting relief in those areas and people evacuated.

Upvote 0

HwdStudio

Found it and posted :) It's waiting on approval. I did my best to recall everything lol.
So glad you were able to go down and return safely. Our hearts go out to those affected by the horrible storm. Hopefully things will be back to normal soon. Thanks for sharing your journey with us. It was a little ray of sunshine during a dark time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom