Looking for your good deed for the day?!

ResearchC

Original Poster
Hi everyone!

I'm wondering if you could help me out with part of my master's degree dissertation research? My aim is to find out whether special events at theme parks have an effect on attendance and I'm looking for some theme park aficionados (that's you guys!) to answer a few quick questions based on your theme park experiences. The questionnaire is completely anonymous and you can opt out at any time. You'd be helping me out so much if you participate :)

Here's the link: http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=tgdxih3m90clb6a132961

Thanks a million in advance and if you have any questions let me know!

litaljohn

out of curiosity are special events seen as one entity or their own thing? case in point t shirt truck that sells t shirts commemorating the existsance of t shirt truck would be defined as a "special event" but doesn't draw much attention (at least
not positive attention) whereas MNSSHP draws in many. also do seasonal trends get factored in since for example Christmas time is busy to start with that the Christmas party wouldn't boost regular attendance but only show for the event itself with its own tickets.

ResearchC

Original Poster
Wow I wasn't expecting such a quick response already, thank you guys so much!

luv and dave&di - Your comments on question 7 are noted - I think I didn't put that option in as I was focusing on variables I could somehow measure, if that makes sense? Probably a bad idea in hindsight but a good point for my limitations chapter!

litaljohn - For the purpose of this research I see a special event to be something akin to MNSSHP, as in something that is large enough that it begins to affect a significant group of people either positively or negatively. In relation to the seasonal events there's a good amount of studies already out there about say Halloween and its effects on attendance so I wanted to take a different tack. For example, would someone who was thinking about going to HS during Star Wars Weekends be encouraged or discouraged to go if they didn't like Star Wars in the first place. I know it all depends on many variables but as there's no real research on events that aren't seasonal (and might not be known to some at time of bookings) I thought it'd get me better results. Thanks for taking the time out to comment! :)

JIMINYCR - Thanks a million! If only I could get back to Florida to get some FP's!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom