looking for the most romantic dining

SODICK96

Original Poster
hi guys
when i go in july it's my girlfriend's bday so i wanna take her to the nicest place any ideas would be much appreciated

wdwmemories

Yes, if you are willing and able to drop the big bucks - and if you really appreciate and value fine dining - then Victoria & Alberts is the place to go.

I've had the privilege of eating there twice.

The atmosphere is beautiful and the service in incredible. The food is amazing.

There is a dress code. Gentleman should wear a dinner jacket with dress pants - ties are optional but I would wear one. Ladies are requested to wear a cocktail dress, dressy pantsuit, skirt/blouse or nice dress. No jeans, shorts, capris, flip-flops, sandals or sneakers.

It is the only AAA Five Diamond (higest rating) restaurant in Central Florida. Cost is $125.00 per person (Tax, alcohol and gratuity additional). A wine pairing is available for an additional $60.00 per person.

If you go, enjoy!

WDWmazprty

Definitely V & A's, very expensive but maybe worth it. I would also try One of the Signature restaurants, maybe Citricos or Narcoossee's. :)

happymom52003

We celebrated our 10 year anniversary at Narcoosee's at the Grand Floridian and it was lovely. I highly recommend it.

Whichever place you choose, be sure to tell them you are celebrating a birthday when you make your reservation, and again when you arrive at the restaurant. They tend to give you a better table when you are celebrating something.

At Narcoosee's they put us right by the window with a perfect view of the castle, and they even had personalized menus for us with our names and the date that said happy anniversary.

Jessie&Buzz

I too am looking for a romantic resturant to celebrate our anniversary at. We can't affored V & A. I've been over and over the menus. I'm so confused. My hubby likes steak. Ok lots of places have it. He doesn't want to pay a lot since the kids will be in a kids club. Ok but that doesn't leave many to pick from. I still have lots of time to decide since we can't make our ADR till June. We've been to Le Ceiller before and liked that. I think it would be nice to try somewhere else but may end up back there. I would love the castle but I've read about bad times there. Ugh! It was so much easier when we didn't have to decide ahead of time.

happymom52003

I too am looking for a romantic resturant to celebrate our anniversary at. We can't affored V & A. I've been over and over the menus. I'm so confused. My hubby likes steak. Ok lots of places have it. He doesn't want to pay a lot since the kids will be in a kids club. Ok but that doesn't leave many to pick from. I still have lots of time to decide since we can't make our ADR till June. We've been to Le Ceiller before and liked that. I think it would be nice to try somewhere else but may end up back there. I would love the castle but I've read about bad times there. Ugh! It was so much easier when we didn't have to decide ahead of time.

At Narcoosee's, I had the Filet Migon and it was to die for...one of the best steaks I've ever had.

The atmoshpere at the castle is very romantic for dinner, but when I had the steak there it was horrible.

Although I have not been there, I've heard good things about Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club.

Jessie&Buzz

At Narcoosee's, I had the Filet Migon and it was to die for...one of the best steaks I've ever had.

I've been looking that this menu. I think it sounds good. I like chicken which you can get most anywhere. He's the more picky one. He does like Filet Migon. I'll have to show him this one.

WDWmazprty

I've been looking that this menu. I think it sounds good. I like chicken which you can get most anywhere. He's the more picky one. He does like Filet Migon. I'll have to show him this one.

You could also try looking at the California Grill. The view from the contemporary is very nice. :D

Philo

My hubby likes steak.

You could try the California Grill. The steak there is some of the best I've ever eaten and it's a romantic setting. My tip would be to go during wishes or later, any earlier and you run the risk of having loads of kids around you.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
It depends on what her version of romantic is. My husband asked me to marry him again in Cinderella's Castle, window seat, the fireworks going. To me - that was the most romantic place. Other suggestion that aren't so "Disney" would be California Grill or Narocesses and of course Victoria and Alberts. I think upstairs of Les Chefs is - can't remember the name right now - but it is the upstairs part.

petersenjp

You could try the California Grill. The steak there is some of the best I've ever eaten and it's a romantic setting. My tip would be to go during wishes or later, any earlier and you run the risk of having loads of kids around you.

We just celebrated our 5 year ann. at California. Great food, amazing sushi, but it can be loud. We were seated in the wine room, so it was very quiet. Ask if you can be seated there. Also, the walk out balcony, beautiful view of MK.

durangojim

My wife and I dined at V&A's the night I proposed to her and then on our 5th anniversary. It is wonderful, but the cost and experience might be wasted on those who don't truly love food and wine (it's not unsual to spend around $400 for two people). For an experience that is almost as romantic, I'd suggest getting a reservation at California Grill at a time about an hour before the fireworks, and request a table next to the window viewing the MK. Will be quite a bit less expensive and she'll probably enjoy it just as much. Have a great time!

sarabi

Everyone so far has suggested very fine dining places and they are all wonderful... but expensive and really suited to real foodies.

If that's not your thing and you just want to be romantic, it can be had in a far less expensive way. Two sugestions: San Angel Inn at EPCOT (Mexico is always romantic, and the nighttime village setting with the river going by is perfect) or grabbing a QS bite at Poly, and running out to the beach to watch the electrical parade and fireworks across the bay.

PrincessBitty

Definitely the Yachtsman's Steakhouse. The restaurant and resort have a lovely atmosphere and it is definitely the best steak on the property. (You know its a great steak when even the leftovers taste fantastic reheated in the room microwave the next day!)

shmmrname

The atmoshpere at the castle is very romantic for dinner, but when I had the steak there it was horrible.

Although I have not been there, I've heard good things about Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club.

I would highly suggest either Narcossees or Citricos. My wife is just enamored with the entire feel of the Grand Floridian, and both of these restaurants are just perfect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom